BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Quoted £412 + VAT for oil service, front and rear pads BMW 630i ??

16K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  pete ward 
#1 ·
I live in solihull and Neil from NCB Autokraft in Solihull has quoted me about £500 incl VAT for oil service excluding spark plugs and changing front and rear brake pads for my 630i 2008. Is this too much? I dont mind travelling further if i can get it much cheaper, but fo course with genuine parts as car under bmw warranty.

Any suggestions? Ive already found a few more to try from browsing the forum, will call them Tues when they all re-open

Thanks

#2 ·
The oil service depends what you want to put in your engine, it needs 8 litres of LL-04 oil which could cost £40 or £100 but that is entirely up to you. The Filter is £20, for the pads you will need new sensors at £17 each (need two) and the pads are about £50-60 a pair for OEM parts.

The oil service service is about 15 minutes work and the pads 30 mins per axle so all in no more than 1 1/2 hours labour on costs of max £280

#11 ·
Pauly, NCB has moved to tamworth in Arden I think, not far from earlswood Solihull, near m42

Mark, I rang Sytner Solihull and they just couldn't match it, they quoted md nearly £1400 for rear discs, oil spark plugs, rear and front pads. NCB quoted about 600 for it all, but just had MOT done at an independent, they said only pads need changing, discs are fine, shows how honest main dealers are. Spark plugs also don't need changing as all 6 plugs and coils changed under warranty just 5000 miles ago :) but someone in the board has mentioned calling Styner Surton Coldfield for a price match, I'm hoping they agree, will call tomorrow

#14 ·
solihull quote

I've used Autokraft before and found them honest, their service is pretty good and reliable. If you're willing to travel a bit then you could try MidlandBMW over in oldbury, they are very helpful and friendly and much cheaper [don't let 1st impressions put you off!]
[personally i don't use sytner in solihull - much prefer to travel to sytner central and/or Sytner in Cov whose service leaves solihull standing]
cya
pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.