330d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    UPDATE!!!!!!!
    Snows have now had my vehicle for FIVE days. It is apparently dry and the leak fixed. They have had the dashboard in bits since Monday waiting for a new heater motor and regulator which has apparently been exposed to water.
    They now at 1600hrs on the day i was supposed to collect it and three days after the dashboard has been in out of the vehicle, decide that they are going to hunt for the fault that is causing the heated mirrors not to work!!!!!!!
    Surely whilst the dashboard was in bits and the car sat around the workshop waiting for parts, the common sense fairy could have put an appearance in and worked her magic???

I have put off writing to BMW Customer service until i know the problem is fixed and i can be sure that the engine will not fall out the next time the wind changes direction.

I will keep you all posted, please keep your opinions coming as i am interested to know if i am being unreasonable?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,115 Times in 5,338 Posts
    That sounds like an excuse to delay I reckon. The electric mirrors run off fuses and that would be the first place to check.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to xXNealXx For This Useful Post:

shadow9638 (03-12-2008)

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    crazybones's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330D MSport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Been there, seen it and got the T-Shirt with Snows.

In my opinion, you are not being unreasonable and looking back, Snows could have avoided many of the problems by correctly tracing the leak in the first place.

Your experience echos my own with Snows when my 320 (bought new) spent more time in their workshop in its early life than in my garage. Suffice to say that after repeated attempts to fix various faults and creating others in the process, I switched to Barons and haven't looked back. A quick pat on the back for Barons who's sales and service are both excellent.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to crazybones For This Useful Post:

shadow9638 (03-12-2008)

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Ronnie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    See above
    Year of Manufacture:
    Never too old, never too new
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual
    Car Body Type:
    Usually 5 doors
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,051 Times in 5,322 Posts
    E46 doors are common for leaking if you've had the door panel and weather shield off and not replaced the shield or resealed it

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    shadow9638's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    UPDATE!!!!!!!!
    Collected the car on Thursday and asked for copies of all work done so i could read and try to understand why it had taken four times to fix the problems. Now have hard evidence of all the events.
    The leak appears to have been fixed although the good british rain has held off since collection so i will not shout to load.
    As for the heated mirrors, well i was told they don't work off the auto wiper button. Strange, got that tip off this website and also the drivers one heated up fine on the way home. Yes the drivers one, NOT the passenger one. I am amazed that the customer services executives don't actually know the functions of the cars they sell. I am further amazed by the fact that after the car going to snows four times i am now back at square one as the whole reason it went in originally was for the passenger door mirror not heating.
    I broached the subject of compensation and the look on the guys face was a picture. It was like i had not asked up to this point, eventually he told me he would put the paperwork on his managers desk to see if i was DUE compensation.
    I have been told i will hear by the middle of next week. I hope the offer is substantial!!!!!
    And then they can have it back for a fifth time to fix what they have neglected to do for the last four times, and fix the dam passenger door mirror!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    328mark's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 328i se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,424 Times in 1,919 Posts
    do you have any hair left?...or have you torn it all out by now lol?
    what i've felt,what i've known
    never shined through in what i've shown.

-------------------------------------------
    PLEASE READ THE POSTING RULES & HOW TO CORRECT THREAD TITLES & THE SELLING RULES

Bimmerforums Central
    Car Details
    Boostist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,425 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Wow!

What a bunch of idiots!
    Have you thought about NOT taking it back and going to Barons as crazybones did?

To test if the leak is fixed, get the hosepipe out and hose the car down all over the area, for a while.
    That will find it if its still there.

The faulty heated mirror will probably be due to a failed heater element (behind the mirror). This will need replacing if its at fault

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Boostist For This Useful Post:

shadow9638 (06-12-2008)

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    shadow9638's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    well washed the car this afternoon and appear to have no leaks, although i did not stand there for hours as if it was heavy rain or anything.
    As for the mirror i will be attending Barons on Monday to ask them if they will fix the mirror. As for hair well no not much......
    Can someone just confirm i am not losing the plot and that BOTH mirrors should heat up when the Auto Wiper button is pushed in and not just the drivers one????

Bimmerforums Central
    Car Details
    Boostist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,425 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow9638 View Post
    well washed the car this afternoon and appear to have no leaks, although i did not stand there for hours as if it was heavy rain or anything.
    As for the mirror i will be attending Barons on Monday to ask them if they will fix the mirror. As for hair well no not much......
    Can someone just confirm i am not losing the plot and that BOTH mirrors should heat up when the Auto Wiper button is pushed in and not just the drivers one????
    I am not sure.
    I know if the wipers are set to auto the headlights come on automatically.
    if one mirror is being heated with auto wipers on, then both should be I would expect

Have a read through this

E46 tips and tricks

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Boostist For This Useful Post:

shadow9638 (06-12-2008)

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    shadow9638's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Well phoned Snows yesterday and asked what the score was with the compensation and was told that the manager was reviewing my case!!!!
    Then broke the news that the mirror on the passenger side still does not work at all and that i wanted this noted so when i bought it back in the new year they could not say that they had been given no warning. (prior engagements up till new year hence not before)
    This willl now be the fifth time my car has been taken back for the same problem.
    Clearly no-one from Snows looks at these forums, either that or they are ashamed to reply to this thread!!!!!
    Will keep you all posted on the updates and thanks for showing an interest. Snows could learn alot from you guys and girls

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast