Model of Car:
    330d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Has anyone had any ongoing problems with Service recieved from Snows BMW, Portsmouth?
    I am interested to hear your responses as i have had my BMW for less than three months and it has spent 10% of this time at there workshops!
    All replies both positive and negative awaited

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,115 Times in 5,338 Posts
    I remember that they were mentioned in this THREAD. You might want to send a PM to the poster

4. The Following User Says Thank You to xXNealXx For This Useful Post:

shadow9638 (01-12-2008)

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    shadow9638's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Ok, was trying to be discreet but Snows have really ticked me off now.
    I bought a BMW 330d Touring M sport from them at the begining of Sept 08. This was supposedly one of there Quality Assured cars. (debatable, you decide)
    At the end of Oct i got in to it on one cold morning and activated the electric wing mirrors to find the passenger one did not work.
    Having the one year warrantly i decided to take it bak and get it looked at. On arrival at the dealer they were all smiles and friendly and i asked if they could also look at the passenger side door handles that were sticking? (No problem, they said!!!!!!)
    I left it with them for the day and on my return the vehicle appeared ok. I was told passenger door handle had been dismantled and lubricated and was all fixed. They also stated that the heated mirror for the passenger side had become worn and had been replaced behind the glovebox. It appeared ok, did not test the mirrors as it was a fine day.
    Two days later the passenger foot well was full of water after a heavy down pour, so went back and show the senior customer serivce executive, who stated that when they looked at the door handle they must have broken the door skin inside the door and they should have used a silicon spray which works in seconds.
    It was booked in for a week later and taken to them, they had it for two days and it was returned to me and i was told the vehicle had been dried out and was all fine. It had even been washed.
    One hour after it had been parked on the driveway i noticed that the windows had steamed up. I went out to the car and found the passenger footwell was very damp. I again phoned Snows and spoke to the customer service department and was told that the guy i spoke to had been told the car had been dried out but he had not checked it himself. The natural conclusion at this point was either the mechanic lied or when it was washed, it had leaked!!!! (NOT ROCKET SCIENCE YOU MAY THINK, READ ON)
    The vehicle was collected from home this time and taken away, a couple of days later it was returned and this time i checked it and it was dry.
    A couple of days went by and i noticed that the electric mirrors were not working, then another night of rain and this time i could actually see the water in the passenger footwell moving about as i cornered!!!
    Phoned Snows again, It was dropped off the next day and i told them that once fixed i wanted a new carpet in the passenger footwell as the one in there had been wet on and off for three weeks and was begining to smell. (Your comments welcome, am i being unreasonable??)
    Phoned BMW national customer service and was told that speaking to them was effectively making a complaint and i decided that at this point i had no reason not to make a complaint and in hope that any reasonable company would try to compensate me, But no they phoned snows found out what was going on and 24 hrs after my call to them phoned me and repeated exactly what snows had said to me the day before.
    They also told me that leaks (I point out at this stage it did not leak before they messed around under the dashboard) were not covered by the warranty!!!!! and that them fixing it was a act of GOOD WILL!!!!!! and to this end i would not get any comensation!!!!!!
    So to sumarise.
    Bought a car from Snows
    Took it back for two minor warranty things which should have been checked on the Quality assured used car checks!!!
    They have not fixed the mirrors
    They have caused a major leak and the carpet to smell
    Possible caused long term electrical problems due to the damp
    Taken four attempts to locate the leak
    And out of GOOD WILL fixed the leak and not charged me.
    Still not sure about the mirrors.........
    Any comments greatly appreciated

6. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    Are you still in the manufacturer's warranty period? If so, then leaks should be covered (door seals renewed under warranty).

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    shadow9638's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Yes, got a years manufacturer's warranty.... but they say leaks are not covered although i am positive snows caused the leak in the first place!!!

Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    In that case, I would put everthing down in writing and send it off to BMW UK. Worked for me

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    shadow9638's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    I have been keeping a diary, so that would not be a problem. What address shall i use?

Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    Customer Service Dept.
    BMW (GB) Ltd,
    Ellesfield Avenue,
    Bracknell,
    Berkshire RG12 8TA
    UK

12. The Following User Says Thank You to xXNealXx For This Useful Post:

shadow9638 (02-12-2008)

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    328mark's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 328i se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,426 Times in 1,920 Posts
    point out please,that you are active on the uk's largest bmw forum and we are all awaiting the outcome of this with bated breath
    what i've felt,what i've known
    never shined through in what i've shown.

-------------------------------------------
    PLEASE READ THE POSTING RULES & HOW TO CORRECT THREAD TITLES & THE SELLING RULES

Administrator
    Car Details
    Ian S's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3 Evo, E60 530D, 911 C4S, Yaris T Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Loon
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,257 Times in 1,727 Posts
    Advice from friends who buy new BMW's is to try and find a way to speak to the dealer principle! It's worked for them on a few occasions.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian S For This Useful Post:

shadow9638 (02-12-2008)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast