325D
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Cab

Thanks
    Hi,
    firstly apologies as i am sure it will become obvious i am a bit of a novice when it comes to cars...

i own a BMW 325d M Sport Conv (2008) and it recently has shown on the idrive that it is due an oil change. I have spoken to various BMW dealerships in London and they all want around £240 to do it, i have also spoken to a few independents and the cheapest i could get was £160.

the question is thee parts really.
    Firstly are they competetive prices?
    Secondly is there any issues with getting it done by an independent garage rather than a dealership? Obviously it is cheaper so i would prefer to go that way
    thirdly i am now 15 miles over when it said the oil service was due, should it be a matter of urgency to get this sorted or are they guidance figures and i could happily wait a further two weeks until i get paid!!
    Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    mark@vorny.co.uk's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    911 C2S
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,738 Times in 2,697 Posts
    Firstly, I would go back to your dealership and state the lower price you have been quoted, they are finding business hard to come by as we all are, you may be surprised as to their response.

Secondly, I would ask the dealers if you can supply your own oil, some let you, some don't , but this can save you £££'s. Ask what the recommended oil is for your car, you would need to supply the correct oil. This saves me around £65 when mine is serviced versus the BMW price.

IIRC, up to 1000 mile over is not considered an issue by BMW, perhaps somebody can confirm this.
    2013, Porsche 911 Carrera 4S, PDK, Sports Exhaust, Chrono, etc, etc

*removed

BFUK weekday crew

PLEASE READ THE POSTING RULES & HOW TO CORRECT THREAD TITLES & THE SELLING RULES