MEYLE Water Pumps (For N42) Steer clear!

Notices

Thread: MEYLE Water Pumps (For N42) Steer clear!

Reply to Thread
  1. MEYLE Water Pumps (For N42) Steer clear! 
    BMW Master
    Car Details
    Mems321's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i SE (N42)
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    I purchased a Wahler Thermostat, and a Meyle Water Pump from MotorMec (MotorMec Excellent Customer Service BTY)
    Basically the Meyle is a Chinese build and is of in-adequate materials, and has not been machined to the correct spec.

On the N42 the water pump hangs of the back of the power steering pump, and when torquing the bolts to factory spec, that hold the two pumps together it would seize the clutch of the pumps and the pulley would not turn, the ONLY solution was to insert 1mm washer between each bolt holes between the pumps.
    Any ways not happy with this and the pump is squeeling so I have parked it up, and MotorMec, will except this back from me for a full refund, and they are sending me a hella-behr pump for 20 quid more straight from Germany (yaaay!)

I phoned Meyle UK, and they said "Our products are 100% German Manufactured", I replied but you have manufacturing plants in China, India and Turkey.
    She Replied "Yeh , but still engineered to German Standards"
    I replied I got a Meyle Water Pump compared with OEM, this is no way German engineered feels like cheap Chinese

She Hang up!

Meyle Suck!

BMWMOTORMEC Rocks, so helpful, and not there fault really, this can happen from any supplier, I hope MotorMec cut ties with Meyle, as this will tarnish there name (UN-rightfully!)

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Mems321's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i SE (N42)
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    OK AN UPDATE!
    BMW MOTORMEC accepted a return of the Meyle, and I was gonna leave it at that yesterday but, then Andy from MotorMec said can we offer you anything else, and I said Kolden Schmidt, he said he never heard of that brand but come back with BEHR-HELLA WaterPump, and mentioned they are oe suppliers to BMW on cooling parts.
    I accepted for £59.95.
    So for now I am £47.95 and £59.95 out of pocket, with my car sitting parked due to crappy Chinese Meyle Water Pump!
    Got home last night researched more and BEHR-HELLA have only manufactured water pumps since 2011!!!!! Noooo Waaayyy I am not looking to do this 3 time!
    So I ordered a Genuine Pump from BMW.
    I phoned MotorMec today and asked for them to refund my £59.95 as I do not want the BEHR and was told Andy is not in today call back Monday !WTF!
    I purchased from the company not Andy!
    Anyways raised a PayPal Dispute for both items, and hopefully get refund of both, wish I went oem from the start!
    Can anyone advise if I have been tricked by MotorMec, I know they are trying to be helpful but in this case actually caused me more headache.
    P.S More headache than the MRI Scan I sat in for 40 minutes this morning

BMW Master
    Car Details
    755munich's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    728i/540i/525iiT
    Year of Manufacture:
    '98/'94/'94
    Transmission Type:
    Both
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon & Touring

Thanks
    What will you do if the new pump from BMW turns out to be a Behr-Hella one??!

I've used Motormec several times including buying £1000 worth of OEM quality suspension parts without issue so I'm sure you will be fine. Meyle stuff makes me nervous!

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Mems321's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i SE (N42)
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Cheers mate, too late already got the genuine and its not Behr-Hella, only stamped BMW, made in Austria aahhh relax!
    Also Behr-Hella have only got into making Water Pumps in the last 3 years and they as Meyle manufacture in the fore named countries.
    Remember I went to Euros once to get a Expansion tank, immediately noticed poor build and finish, it was stamped Behr-Hella and had a yellow sticker at the bottom "Made In China" I left it on the counter and walked mate....

Mate I hope motormec will send my refund with no quibles, and i'm sure there other pumps are fine, but or the crap N42 it needs to be machined exact or poor fit.
    I have ordered a Wahler Thermostat from them and all is fine (although I will have to remove and re-install hope the seals hold up only been on for a 4 days)
    I have checked my Statuary Rights and I have a 7 day cooling period where I can cancell the item, Motormec have not received the pump themselves yet, so my monies paid yesterday £59.95 should be refunded straight away ? Then refund my £47.95 once they receive the faulty pump back ?
    Lets see how well they handle (and I changed my EBAY Review to 5 stars on this particular item)
    I raised a PAYPAL Dispute to protect myself as I have been stung ages ago before and can't let it happen again.

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Mems321's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i SE (N42)
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Also why are we not making High Quality Parts ?? We just buy from these places and fob them off to each other, and while some poor soul is stranded with a busted motor cos of some shit Chinese part, some Chinese fat cat is rolling around in a very expensive German car, and I bet, not one part is made in china!
    We need to act now before its too late, boycott these Chinese parts NOT Companies like MotorMec!

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Mems321's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i SE (N42)
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Fitted BMW Reman water pump today and Sidcup Ruxley BMW are wonderful, the Gent gave me a BIG discount pump and all gaskets £136! He then went and chucked in 2 bottles of BMW Coolant for FREE!! Gotta say this was brilliant!
    The part fitted PERFECT no issues unlike the Meyle after market pump (ready to go back to where ever it came from IT CAN STAY THERE), BMW ONLY PARTS ALL THE WAY FROM NOW ON.