BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Inspection II in Stoke on Trent Area

Tags
stoke
783 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  afcneal 
#1 ·
Hi,

Looking for recommendations as to a suitable independent garage to carry out Inspection II in Stoke on Trent - I searched the forum and got the list of indys by county post but the Staffs one was Telford which is a little far out.
Also would appreciate feedback as to whether its worth going indy for this or not, the reason for asking is that currently she has full BMW service history... The car is an 04 plate 316TI with the M-sport II body kit and I wont be selling for another couple of years, any advice appreciated.

Much obliged,

Ian

#3 ·
Not near Stoke last time I looked?

To the OP -opinions vary about the 'value' of a dealer service history vs DIY vs indie and there's no right answer. A full dealer history may make a car slightly more attractive to people who value.....a full dealer service history, but rarely affects the price. Peopled who konw cars generally understand indies are often formed and staffed by ex main-dealer staff and can often bo more detailed/diligent. Likewise a good DIY does a thorough oil change, draining completely vs a dodgy dealer who's rushed for time.

For an 04 car, my view is an Indie is plenty good enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.