Model of Car:
    328i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Thanks
    Just thought id post whats happened to me this week.
    A rear spring broken on my 1997 318i, so monday morning phoned www.motorsportworld.co.uk and ordered a gmax coil spring kit. They told me it was in stock and delivery would be 1-2 days, so I paid over the phone by debit card.
    My mrs waited all day tuesday, then all day wednesday, nothing arrived, so I phoned up 4pm wednesday (today) and asked where my springs were. "We are sorry but they appear to be out of stock". Motorsportworld said gmax told them they were in stock on monday but are now saying they are out of stock and 7-10 days before any more can be ordered.
    To be fair to motorsportworld they did offer to send me some similair ones out immediately so fair play to them, but none of the others has -40mm front & rear drop which is what I want.
    Not a happy chappy now, driving a sagging-to-one-side car around, darnt go far in case it gets worse.
    renegaderadio.co.uk - catch me live 6-8pm sundays - live DJ's, wicked & friendly chatroom, 24/7 stream, the BEST vibes of any net radio! - download my mixes free from the site

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Nik-Gnashers's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Thanks
    Update: (1 week on from the post above)
    I emailled motorsportworld.co.uk today and they replied saying the importers dont know exactly when they will have any more gmax kits in stock, it could be another 3 weeks.......
    I have asked for some APEX coil springs instead, I hope these are ok :( (and actually materialise at my house, poor car is sat sagging to one side and has been stood over a week already).....

EDIT: (2 more days later) Motorsportworld replied to my email today, and assured me the APEX kit was on its way, and my card would be refunded the price difference. Thanks to Colin @ motorsportworld.co.uk for his efforts and good customer relations, no thanks to their importers or gmax for being so lame...
    Last edited by Nik-Gnashers; 16-07-2009 at 16:53.
    renegaderadio.co.uk - catch me live 6-8pm sundays - live DJ's, wicked & friendly chatroom, 24/7 stream, the BEST vibes of any net radio! - download my mixes free from the site

Bimmerforums Central
    Car Details
    Boostist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik-Gnashers View Post
    Update: (1 week on from the post above)
    I emailled motorsportworld.co.uk today and they replied saying the importers dont know exactly when they will have any more gmax kits in stock, it could be another 3 weeks.......
    I have asked for some APEX coil springs instead, I hope these are ok :( (and actually materialise at my house, poor car is sat sagging to one side and has been stood over a week already).....

EDIT: (2 more days later) Motorsportworld replied to my email today, and assured me the APEX kit was on its way, and my card would be refunded the price difference. Thanks to Colin @ motorsportworld.co.uk for his efforts and good customer relations, no thanks to their importers or gmax for being so lame...
    I have used motorsportworld and Apex springs myself.

and both were spot on

I had the Apex springs in conjunction with Koni dampers on my last M3 and it was a proper go kart afterwards!! 40mm drop

Just made it over speed bumps too!

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Nik-Gnashers's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Thanks
    Thanks Boosist !
    The springs arrived today (nice yellow colour too lol) so I am looking forward to getting them fitted next week.
    I have to say motorsport world, and in particular 'Colin' seem to be very professional. I told him on the phone I understood that the distributer had told them a lie saying they were in stock when they were not available, and I know it wasnt motorsportworlds fault. They were very nice and apologetic, so I do believe them to be an honest and decent company, and will use them again as their prices are good.
    Glad to hear the apex springs are ok, I was a little unsure as they seem to be very cheap, but from your reply I am looking forward to them now