116i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatch

Thanks
    Hello all,
    think this is the correct forum posted into. Before I start, forgive my thickness but, what does 'Indy' garage mean?

I've come across this garage that collects/delivers your vehicles and carries out manufacturer level servicing at a much lower cost.
    They were also on Dragon's Den and appear to be growing very fast.

Has anyone on this forum used them and what was your experience like?
    Were there any major drawbacks or issues you found?

Eager to hear any responses as I'm due for a service soon. This place would save me around £200 and give me the conveneince of not having to take time of work!

thanks all, regards
    Hass

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Hass's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    116i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatch

Thanks
    think I've worked out indy means 'independant garage'. Am I correct??

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    citrocity's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E92 335i M Sports
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Images
    Thanks
    please DO NOT use them.

i used them 2 years ago, just because i thought its convenient that i will be at work and my car will go for the service and come back washed and all done! And also got fooled by dragon's den backed business.

Apparently they called me and told me about major service which was fine.. and then started coming all the stuff that needed replacing changing including cam belt and gasket cover etc etc.. in short instead of the normal service charge which was i think 120? the bill was nearly 800 quid.

i thought ok fine ill do it.. but only to find out after couple of months that the cover hadnt been open (i had MGFT and the engine is in the middle). How did i know? well the oil was put in via top up panel and they fiddled with it alot making it leak from the bottom. Plus after couple of months the plugs needed changing (which they were supposed to) and guess what i saw!!! oil in the plugs! so not they didnt replace the gasket!!

anyway i had to get rid of the car as it wasnt worth spending more money on it, but please DO NOT give your bmw to them.

Avoid them

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    TheEnd's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 2,440 Posts
    Indy = independent as in anything but a main dealer.
    I don't think kwik-fit etc are usually lumped into that group though, but their aren't any rules.

Handy though it is, you'll still be paying extra for someone to be picking up your car and dropping it off, so there is always savings to be made.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Hass's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    116i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatch

Thanks
    cheers guys. I've also seen Crago's http://www.cragoautorepairs.co.uk/Contact-Us.html recommended on this forum so I've contacted them to get back to me. If they get back tomorrow I'm more than likely to try them out.
    hass

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Hass's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    116i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatch

Thanks
    thanks for the responses guys.
    I've now booked my service with Crago in Kent. lots of good reviews and recommendations from this site and the good garage guide.
    Ritchie called me today and he spoke to me as if I was someone he knew for some time. Very friendly guy, gives you more detail than you could ever need and actually listens to your comments/worries.
    I asked for a lot and his recommendation led to me knocking the cost down by £100. He suggested the manufacturers replacement periods, how they normally last based on my driving and so great.

I'll post up a detailed review once it's been done to let you know how it went.
    hass

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hass For This Useful Post:

steve23002 (22-06-2011)

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Hass's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    116i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatch

Thanks
    Had the service done, a quick recap of events as below. To summarise I would use them again for the next service even though they are a fair trek from where I live.

- Booking was nice n simple and Ritchie puts your thoughts at ease and makes you feel like a valued customer!
    - On arrival, it becomes obvious you have to turn into a little alley as the garage seems to be in more of a residential area than business.
    - When I got out the car and walked to wards reception, I was greeted by Ritchie within a few seconds.
    - He took my name and politely asked me to step in to the little office. At first looks the garage was kept clean, tidy and unlike some places I've been to, the staff there seemed to be pleasant and there were no foul words being exchanged. To me, a clean garage indicates someone who takes pride in their work which in turn means they provide a good service.
    - The garage appeared smallish and looked as though it would hold around 4 cars. Not a problem in any way.
    - After some pleasant chats and a tonne of questions from me, he answered them all very professionaly and with more details than I could need.There wasn't any of the 'I aint got time for your questions' or half replies.
    - I got a rental car for the day as it would save me a good 3 hours of rush hour driving to get back. it was a descent car and in descent condition. I was only after something reliable for the day. At a tiny extra cost for insurance, it was a bargain.
    -Went to collect the car on Saturday, greeted immediately and he took me back into the office and started explaining the detials.
    - As this is my first beemer I think he realised I just wanted to make sure all was good and again, answered all questions I had. He also gave me some history stories on some of the cars they have had in the past.
    - He explained he worked in BMW for years and the way he said it made me feel like he was genuinely interested in keeping your car running and thus keeping customers happy.
    - The invoice I got at the end had all items itemised and there was nothing missing that I had requested.

Noticed there was a seat cover in the car and a floor mat protector so I could see they took that courteous precaution. He even asked if I wanted to keep the cover but took it when I said no.

I had a fuel consumption issue and he relayed any fears as there were no issues with the car (guess I have to accept that).

Noticed the car actually runs a tiny bit smoother and the fuel consumption is a tad lower!
    I wanted to feedback in a week or so but after a long drive today, I don't think it necessary.

I would most defintiely recommend them for any peeps with BMW's or Mini's. I know I'm going back next time.
    regards