First ever service on a car - 2nd time dealing with Rybrook BMW Warwick - V pleased.

Notices

Thread: First ever service on a car - 2nd time dealing with Rybrook BMW Warwick - V pleased.

Reply to Thread
  1. First ever service on a car - 2nd time dealing with Rybrook BMW Warwick - V pleased. 
    BMW Master
    Car Details
    Foolishbean69's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330d M-Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003 (53)
    Transmission Type:
    Manual (6 Speed)
    Car Body Type:
    Sports Saloon.
    Thanks
    Just got Immo back from her Oil/Filter service at my local Stealers and I just realised, this is the first time i've EVER serviced a car! lol. I used to just drive them into the ground and buy another crappy, cheap car.

Now I'm pleased to have a car I care enough about to, you know, actually spend money on her!

I managed to confuse the BMW stealers though...

Them: "Sir you've booked the car in for a service 2 (£149), but the OBC is showing it is due for a service 1 (£269)"

Me: "It's not really "due" a service 1 is it? Cause the counter shows that will be in over 10,000 miles... it's been recommended to change the oil between intervals, so just leave the service counter alone."

Them: "Oh, so it does...."

Cheeky sods. lol.

They called and suggested they also regas and "refresh" (antibacterial treatment) the Air Con. So i said yeah go on then.

They noticed my handbrake was crap and suggested they adjust it.

They noticed my brake pad light on, now get this, they wanted £66 to change the sensor as the wire's broken. I informed them that i can get a sensor for about £10 and fit it myself, they then dropped the price to £40 and said the official sensors from them are £18.

I said screw it, saves me doing it and let them get on with it. Turns out it didn't even put the light out! They reckon the front sensor is not an "official part" and that's why the light's still on. Want us to change that too for another £40? - No thanks, i'll live with the light on.

While I was in there an extremely pi55ed off Scottish chappy came in, shouting and swearing about what he called a "£1,700 bill for a service and a set of brake pads!" He was seriously livid. making a real scene in front of everyone, throwing out stuff like "trading standards" etc.

I found while they had my car, for all of 3 hours, they called me like 4 times to ask about stuff and if i wanted stuff doing, so i find it hard to believe mr angry Scottish man could be so "surprised" by his bill? God knows. Perhaps he was having a big 7 serviced or something.... not. a. clue.

I'm sure his bill must have covered more than a service and a set of brake pads!!

Meanwhile I pay my £269 for an oil Service, Handbrake adjustment, aircon regas and refresh, brake pad sensor and an inside and out clean and walk off with a smaile on my face. - After letting the service desk chap spend 5 mins complimenting Immo, right next to her where she could hear, admiring the colour and appreciating the model. Lovely.

I know full well, I could have got this done a lot cheaper elsewhere or even done it myself, but the peace of mind that only official, guaranteed mechanics have touched it and that everything has gone back how it should be and the all important cleaning makes it all worth it i reckon. Not to mention the little ego-felatio the salespeople give you and your car as you leave! lol.

Although i don't imagine the angry Scottish man will be saying the same! lol.

So yeah, between this service and the repairs of my recent prang, I cannot recommend Rybrook BMW Warwick enough. Sure their prices are high, sure you will need to keep saying no to their suggestions if you don't want to double your bill, but in the end i find them reasonable (as far as stealers go) they do a nice job and they make both me and the car feel pampered.

the Mrs goes to the spa - I take immo to the Dealers. lol.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    draksior's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    520i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    good one mate and well done as the peace of mind is the most important thing

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Kevin Whittaker's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E30 325iSE, E36 M3 convertible and E91 330i Msport
    Year of Manufacture:
    1988, 1997 & 2008
    Transmission Type:
    Manual, Manual & Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe, Convertible & Touring
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,020 Times in 3,812 Posts
    Yet again you let some bloke with a dirty sponge wash your "pride and joy"?

Do you learn nothing at Autobrite?? Last time you get it done for nowt.....

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

6. Re: First ever service on a car - 2nd time dealing with Rybrook BMW Warwick - V pleased. 
    BMW Master
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330d M-Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003 (53)
    Transmission Type:
    Manual (6 Speed)
    Car Body Type:
    Sports Saloon.
    Thanks
    Yet again you let some bloke with a dirty sponge wash your "pride and joy"?

Do you learn nothing at Autobrite?? Last time you get it done for nowt.....
    I know I know, she's due a proper wash soon, in fact I'm gonna let dad borrow the cherry glaze and obsession wax at the weekend and we'll do both cars properly. Can't turn down a free wash at the stealers though, gotta let them earn the inflated prices!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    1988, 1997 & 2008
    Transmission Type:
    Car Body Type:
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolishbean69 View Post
    I know I know, she's due a proper wash soon, in fact I'm gonna let dad borrow the cherry glaze and obsession wax at the weekend and we'll do both cars properly. Can't turn down a free wash at the stealers though, gotta let them earn the inflated prices!
    I would NEVER let the Stealer wash my car, free or not... Seen how they do it.

I shall be reporting you to the swirl police, charged with not caring for a fresh paint job....

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    e36318iscoupe's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e36318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Thanks
    i can imagine a spotty youth dropping the sponge on the ground dropping it back in a dirty bucket and washing your pride and joy with grit in the water. free it may have been but as kevin says no way only one person washes my car and thats me
    There's an alternative. There's always a third way, and it's not a combination of the other two ways. It's a different way

I see you've made you're decision now lets see you enforce it.

The search facility on here is your friend

PLEASE READ THE POSTING RULES, FOR SALE RULES, & HOW TO CORRECT THREAD TITLES

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    dm2583's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    335i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Cotswold BMW in Cheltenham have a proper machine car wash round the back, would never take them up on their free car wash!

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    1988, 1997 & 2008
    Transmission Type:
    Car Body Type:
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dm2583 View Post
    Cotswold BMW in Cheltenham have a proper machine car wash round the back, would never take them up on their free car wash!
    A proper machine? With the brushes that rub all the road muck into the paint before scraping it of and applying some dirty old rainwater?? No thanks to that wither.....

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330d M-Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003 (53)
    Transmission Type:
    Manual (6 Speed)
    Car Body Type:
    Sports Saloon.
    Thanks
    Ewwwwwwwwww, thanks guys, thanks for that.

Oh well, at least she looks clean, for now.

She's going to get a good pampering at the weekend, so long as we have weather for it (no indoor polishing space) so hopefully that'll make up for her traumatic experience at the hands of the Stealers wash-boys.

Damn it.

Sure she appreciates her new oil and filters though...