I took my 2005 320Cd M Sport to Elms Cambridge on Monday for an Inspection 1 service and MOT, plus a couple of other small items. Overall it was a disaster for the following reasons.
1. Dealership had not updated my personal details, despite numerous reminders, including when booking.
2. Not all the jobs requested had been put on the job card.
3. Lift to town had been organised, but no return journey was planned. We had to 'see if there was a slot available later in the day'.
4. Given no update on the car's progress. Phoned at 2.30pm but it had not been started, despite being left at 9.00am.
5. I had to call again at 5.00pm! to check on progress and establish if a lift was available, only to be told car was done and a driver was on his way for us. Just as well no extra work was required, otherwise it would never be done!
6. New number plates were not put on straight, extra holes were drilled!
7. Service book was not stamped.
After this experience, the car will return to Coopers for all its future work.