Model of Car:
    328i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    So i took my e36 328i to the garage today and i asked for a wheel balance on the front wheels as the steering was a bit shakie at 60mph.

How ever they came and got me and said a wheel balance wouldnt do anything because the bottom ball joints on both front wheels are worn and thats causing the tyre to wear uneven on the inside so i would need 2 new tyres as well plus tracking.

that came to 316 pound in total is that a good price or are they trying to rip me off it seems a bit much or is it about right?

Plus the mechanic told me its not dangerous but needs to be done.... surely its not safe?

how much are bmw ball joints anyway just the parts for an e36 328i i looked on ebay but there is loads of different kinds.

Any help would be awesome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    E36Coupe328's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328 + 325
    Year of Manufacture:
    1995 + 1994
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,091 Times in 958 Posts
    Well it's easy enough to go to somewhere like mytryres.co.uk and see how much 2 tyres cost and then see if what's left sounds reasonable.

My front tyres cost £256............. If they are fitting good tyres it's cheap, if they are fitting cheap tyres it depends how cheap

No warranty of any kind implied or given and no liability for any loss, damage or injury, no matter how incurred accepted.

Free Gas Kit* now fitted to free 328*

*Based on ROI period exceeded

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    disco!!!!'s Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318iS 2.8
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    sports coupe
    Thanks
    if you are going to change the ball joints you might as well just swap both the wishbones completely
    changing the ball joints on E36s is a bit of a pain in the ass unless they are swapping both wishbones
    now would be a good time to upgrade to E30 front wishbones
    on the E36 wishbones the ball joints are mounted inside a bush where as on the E30 ones they are solid mounted in the arms
    what this means is you will get better feed back through the steering wheel and some say better handling
    if the ball joints fail again then its easier to change the ball joint itself, best of all they are cheaper than the E36 wishbones
    and they are a direct fit too
    ive had them on my E36 for a while and they are spot on as well as some other members
    you will still need the tracking done, but you would be needing that done anyway
    loud-low-slow-project

no sugar turkish, im sweet enough
    |
    |
    V