Year of Manufacture:
    F01
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Bought an approved used 7 series from them in September, 2 1/2 years old. Had a host of problems with them in the first instance, brakes were shoddy, all sorted in the end, but not what you expect when parting with a massive amount of cash.

Next - had some warranty work done, car picked up (clean as a whistle when it left). Came back the following day with a big scratch on the door, 1/4 tank of fuel missing, 120 miles on the clock, seats all sticky and the floor pan dirty with general use.

Today - Car gone to another dealer for vehicle check. One of the tyres was BADLY worn to one side, had the wheel alignment done but they couldn't get it in to an acceptable state. On further inspection, they've observed that the brake hose and strut have been off at one point and strongly suspect that the vehicle has been in a bang of some description.

I called Douglas Park BMW and explained that the vehicle has been sold to me in this condition, and is not what you'd expect with an approved used BMW. Basically stone walled me and told me that 'I will not be contributing anything towards this at all.' This was the dealer principal Cameron Wade.

I totally understand that I've had the car for 10 months, and it is possible from their point of view that I could have pranged the car, but I pointed out that the inspection of my car was far less than thorough as it required new brakes, the sat nav didn't work, Interior trim cracked, Mirror broken, steering wheel adjustment inoperational and also that 2 days after I had the car, the brakes needed further attention.

No offer of even a small discount, goodwill gesture, etc. Basically - go away.

BMW Menzies of Stirling on the other hand have been really good and are giving me a really big discount on sorting the problem and have themselves tried to contact Douglas Park to explain the situation.

Swapped from run flats to normal tyres (my decision) and had the wheel alignment done, so that's £1500 already and i'm still not really any better off.

Terrible attitude, terrible level of service, and complete lack of attention. Hope this makes people think carefully about giving this franchise money.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    Vista's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E61 535D M-Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Touring
    Thanks
    Sounds like you need to contact BMW UK.

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    worldclassmusician's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    730d
    Year of Manufacture:
    F01
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Done that last night bud. A brake pipe has been rubbing against the wheel since September and it's seemingly chaffed away. Been driving my family around like this! Totally shocking.

I'm the most patient dude out there as well. I could have went crazy at several points along the way, but I had the opinion - 'it's not costing me anything, fix under warranty'. But when safety is compromised and I'm told that I need to pay the guts of £1000 to have this sorted when I did absolutely nothing wrong is crazy.

We'll see what BMW UK say. But they've lost 2 future purchases from me. I'm getting another 7 series in about a year and my wife just bought a new mini convertible from a different garage, purely because of their lack of ability.
    BMW 730d F01
    MINI Cooper Conver. 2011
    Vauxhall Frontera Sport 1998
    Yamaha Diversion XJ600 1994
    Ford Transit

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    worldclassmusician's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    730d
    Year of Manufacture:
    F01
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    In the end, cost £1250. BMW Stirling only charged me 3 hours labour in total rather than 8.
    BMW 730d F01
    MINI Cooper Conver. 2011
    Vauxhall Frontera Sport 1998
    Yamaha Diversion XJ600 1994
    Ford Transit

Premium Member
    Car Details
    matthew_henson's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E61 525d Touring
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring/Estate
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,412 Times in 1,223 Posts
    I appreciate you are in Glasgow but the very best BMW service I ever had was Pheonix BMW in Kirkcaldy, tried the two Edinburgh dealer (the West End guys were shocking) Stirling and Perth and Kirkcaldy were just so helpful and caring.

I bought (well my company did) two car from them

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    hard drive's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Any experience Ive had with Pheonix in Kirkcaldy has been very poor indeed.

Ive tried them twice, but both times Ive left dismayed and took my business elsewhere.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    kennyf's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    528i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Take them to the Judge in the Sunday Mail, think he has had dealings with them in the past.