Model of Car:
    335i M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible
    Thanks
    Before i start slating this franchise dealer of BMW, has anyone got any comments to make regarding their workmanship?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmerforums Central
    Car Details
    Boostist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,425 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marcajones View Post
    Before i start slating this franchise dealer of BMW, has anyone got any comments to make regarding their workmanship?
    never used them Im afraid but hopefully some one else from down that way will have...

Whats the story anyway? (be objective and factual please!)

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    liler123's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330 ci Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    I had a Mini mot'd there once....seemed OK to me, the gave me lift to the tube and picked me up when it was ready.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    marcajones's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    335i M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible
    Thanks
    Ok I will try to make this a short as possible. Well my wife had a mini and was involved in an accident; the car went to HR Owen to be fixed. I was driving it back from the garage when I noticed the engine temperature was in the red. I immediately stopped only to realise there was no coolant at all in the engine!

Then I too was involved in an accident 2 months later. The car went to HR Owen to be fixed. When it was done I picked up the car and noticed there was a huge scratch in the light that had replaced. They said it would need to be booked it in again. However as I drove away I noticed my multifunctional steering wheel didn't work. So went straight back. They told me they would fix it when it comes back for the light. It goes in, I pick up the car but when I get into it I notice black dirt/grease all over my cream leather. I march into the garage to tell them and the stupid advisor guy says “our mechanics are professionals and wouldn't get dirt over your leather”. I asked him if he was calling me a liar and accusing me of getting the dirt all over the leather, after a short argument he agrees to get it clean.

I get 4 miles before the car grinds to a halt and this severe banging noise comes from the engine. I am towed back to HR Owen to be told the fan belt has gone. The car had covered 8k miles from new. 2 days later it’s been fixed and I drive away.

Then I had problems with my steering lock so the car needed to go back to BMW. This time I took it to Berry BMW in Chiswick. They checked the car and asked about the fan belt. I told them the story and they said it was still dangerously loose. They tightened it up for me, but before I left I asked them about the belt, I was told. The belt was fixed but whoever did it didn't look into why it had snapped so prematurely! So there was still a problem and this belt would have snapped prematurely too! Then 2 weeks ago I was having issues with my headlight washer jets.... I took it to Berry BMW Chiswick. They fixed the headlight washer but surprise surprise I was told the reason for the fault was ‘Not fitted correctly’! This was the side of the car that had been involved in the accident and I know HR Owen had needed to replace this part.

I will never ever use HR Owen again and have written a letter of complaint but received no reply
    Last edited by marcajones; 12-01-2010 at 14:21. Reason: grammer :)

Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,115 Times in 5,338 Posts
    HR Owen has now become Berry in Heathrow and in Chiswick . I've used Berry in Heathrow for a warranty repair and they are pretty sharp