Bexley Motor Works email ignored

Notices

Thread: Bexley Motor Works email ignored

Reply to Thread
  1. Bexley Motor Works email ignored 
    Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    Hi

I've got a 2001 E46 330i saloon and have emailed Bexley Motor Works in Kent twice now with what's hopefully a sensible explanation of the symptoms I'm having and asking for ideas about what the problem could be so I can plan when to bring the car to them.

I live about 125 miles away but since forum members have spoken highly of them and they're on the route to a friend's house I thought it was worth bringing the car to them.

Unfortunately I haven't had a reply to either of my emails.

I know the obvious answer is to ring them but I'm worried this is a sign of the service I'll receive since why put an email address / query service on a website if you're not going to answer it??

My problem is mainly with the suspension / steering since despite having the alignment done the car's still got a rattling through the steering column under braking on bad surfaces and a general feeling that it'll go where it wants over cambers or poor surfaces.

Am I being harsh on Bexley Motor Works or can someone suggest an alternative in East Anglia?? I live in Norfolk but will travel any reasonable distance to fix a problem that's driving me mad.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Mrs RYM's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325tds
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring
    Thanks
    For some reason your messages maybe getting sent to their spam bin?

Give Bexley a call and ask if they can check to see why your two messages have been left unanswered

With regards to your suspension issue, it could be the ball joints or bushes on the front lower control arms. These are prone to going

Bimmerforums Central
    Car Details
    Boostist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,426 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Hi

I've got a 2001 E46 330i saloon and have emailed Bexley Motor Works in Kent twice now with what's hopefully a sensible explanation of the symptoms I'm having and asking for ideas about what the problem could be so I can plan when to bring the car to them.

I live about 125 miles away but since forum members have spoken highly of them and they're on the route to a friend's house I thought it was worth bringing the car to them.

Unfortunately I haven't had a reply to either of my emails.

I know the obvious answer is to ring them but I'm worried this is a sign of the service I'll receive since why put an email address / query service on a website if you're not going to answer it??

My problem is mainly with the suspension / steering since despite having the alignment done the car's still got a rattling through the steering column under braking on bad surfaces and a general feeling that it'll go where it wants over cambers or poor surfaces.

Am I being harsh on Bexley Motor Works or can someone suggest an alternative in East Anglia?? I live in Norfolk but will travel any reasonable distance to fix a problem that's driving me mad.

Thanks

I would suggest giving them a call. I dont think its necessarily indicative of the service you will get from them (though Ive never used them myself... but they are ok I have been told).

The fact is that many people in the motor trade are a bit behind the times when it comes to computers and some people I know can barely send an email

Its worth calling them and see what they say, and then make your decision is my advice.

or read the posting guide (top of this forum) and post a tech questiuon in the suspension forum for some tech help

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Dr of BMW
    Car Details
    Diablo944's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325 ti compact sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    leadfoot sport trip
    Car Body Type:
    compact
    Thanks
    I just finished a website for a friends company, and he is one of the worst for answering emails. so much so that I even point out he is a bit of a luddite when it comes to the modern digital age.

It may be they only have one guy who deals with the emails and if he is like my mate, he may not do it as much as he should. Or maybe tech man is on holiday. The phone is still the best way to do things in my book.

After all, we are all fighting to keep uk call centres alive for banks, insurance and everything else in life. Theres nothing worse than not having a 'speak to a human' option.

well, one thing worse.. speaking to the gentleman in India when I had a bump and had to deal with the other parties off shore call centre. The guy probably knew 4 words in english going off the time I spent repeating myself.
    Last edited by Diablo944; 14-05-2009 at 21:40.
    2002 325 Compact Sport ti M-Tec---- A little thanks goes a long way

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Deano16v's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    745i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Thanked 1,154 Times in 1,001 Posts
    to be fair they dont check their e-mails that often but they do get back to you when they read them. Their office is a one PC work set up with a seperate laptop for internet etc and most of the guys there are always in the workshop. Definitely phone them though