Approved BMW Aberdeen - Problem - Page 2

Notices
 

Thread: Approved BMW Aberdeen - Problem

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1.  
    #11
    Uber Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    redadair's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530d Sport (E60)
    Year of Manufacture:
    2005
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    redadair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,425
    Thanks
    372
    Thanked 334 Times in 286 Posts
    yeah fair point Keith 2.2

    I have been on the receiving end of a "duff" used approved scheme with BMW and only just managed to get it fixed. Was absolutely livid at BMW non chalance and passing me round departments.

    The comment was a bit off hand and they seem to be at least trying to help our lad, so yeah, give them a chance and the benefit of doubt as you quite rightly said

    Cheers! Red!
     
     

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  3.  
    #12
    BMW Master
    Car Details
    MTec B's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530d Sport MTec & 525d SE & X5 3.0d
    Year of Manufacture:
    2002 & 2001 & 2005
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic & Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloons & 4x4

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    470
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 92 Times in 86 Posts
    I know I bang on about this time and time again so excuse me for asking..... but did you HPI the vehicle before purchase? by any chance...
     
     

  4.  
    #13
    Uber Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    redadair's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530d Sport (E60)
    Year of Manufacture:
    2005
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    redadair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,425
    Thanks
    372
    Thanked 334 Times in 286 Posts
    Hey Mtec not been cheeky but...

    ... why on earth should he pay for a further HPI check on top of "used approved" bimmer? Surely you would not expect such problems from a main dealer?

    If I HPI checked the choice of cars I fancied I'd be bankrupt Red
     
     

  5.  
    #14
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    andytran's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    2009
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MTec B View Post
    I know I bang on about this time and time again so excuse me for asking..... but did you HPI the vehicle before purchase? by any chance...
    Mate,
    I did a HPI - my son can do them for free though his work.
    Nothing showed up - the car was worth £22k at the time of the accident, so could have quite a claim against it before a "declarable" repair was needed.

    Anyway, latest update is that apparently, the wheel wobble is sorted - I spoke to the foreman who told me that the car had 4 new tyres fitted as part of the BMW approved checks.
    When, after several visits where "they couldnt find anything wrong" the foreman took out the car and immediately agreed with me - the car had excessive wheel wobble at speed.
    He then took all 4 wheels off and put them on the balance machine - every one was off. The rears were off by 60grammes and the fronts by 20grammes !!!!
    It would appear that some pleb apprentice had changed the tyres and re-balanced them without removing the old weights. Quite phenominal when the Dealership carries cars many of which cost 50K plus!! The foreman has now sorted it and re-tested the car where he states it is now perfect.

    The car is going back across to the body shop tomorrow to sort the paint / bonnet. Then, hopefully, I will get my car back and I can put this one behind me!!

    As mentioned previously, the garage have been helpful and have lent me an almost identical car as a loaner until mine is sorted, cant say fairer than that I suppose!

    I will let you know how we get on from here....

    andy
     
     

  6. 2007 bmw 
    #15
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    billygolfer's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 M3 Cabriolet
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    sutton coldfield
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andytran View Post
    Hi,
    Two weeks ago, I bought a 2007 BMW from a BMW Dealer in Aberdeen. It was purchased under the approved BMW scheme.
    However, on closer inspection, it looks like the car has been accident repaired. I contacted the previous owner, who told me that the car had succumbed to a lot of damage.
    I then contacted the repair centre, to find that the car had the following repair:
    New bonnet, wings, bumper, bumper cover, headlights, foglights, uppper and lower grilles, radiator and intercooler.
    It looks like (as it is an expensive car) there was no Cat C/Cat D issues.
    However, Im very unhappy to have bought a car that was extensively damaged. The bonnet is not a great match or fit - thats what made me suspect there was a problem.
    The question is, what rights, if any, do I have? Im really quite furious to have been sold a damaged car and would dearly like to reject it.
    Any advice happily recieved.
    Regards
    Andy
    Hi mate sorry to here about your bm,i'm sure under the approved scheme you have thirty days in which 1 of your options is to take it back and then they have to replace the car.
     
     

  7.  
    #16
    Uber Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    redadair's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530d Sport (E60)
    Year of Manufacture:
    2005
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    redadair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,425
    Thanks
    372
    Thanked 334 Times in 286 Posts
    that is f'in shocking stuff from a main dealer

    apprentice or not someone has to take responsible for delivering an expesnive "approved" car in such a state - glad they helped you out mate but i've dropped car manufacturers for lesser fiasco's ie ford!

    absolutely shocking story..... Red!
     
     

  8.  
    #17
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    andytran's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    2009
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redadair View Post
    that is f'in shocking stuff from a main dealer

    apprentice or not someone has to take responsible for delivering an expesnive "approved" car in such a state - glad they helped you out mate but i've dropped car manufacturers for lesser fiasco's ie ford!

    absolutely shocking story..... Red!
    I agree mate -

    Only issue is, and this seems silly - they are so apologetic, friendly and helpful, its hard to get angry!
    Im running around in a 58 plate 1.8d M Sport loan car at the mo, so I cant even complain about that!

    Unfortunately, whilst I would have like to reject the car, I dont have that option under the BMW approved scheme. -I have to give the dealer the chance to fix it (fair enough I suppose).

    At the end of the day, once this whole issue is put to bed, I should get back my car and forget about it and begin to enjoy the BMer experience!

    Oh, the joys of motoring!!!

    Andy
     
     

  9.  
    #18
    Bimmerforums Central
    Car Details
    Boostist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    2001
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Boostist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    8,035
    Thanks
    3,347
    Thanked 3,425 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andytran View Post
    Mate,
    I did a HPI - my son can do them for free though his work.
    Nothing showed up - the car was worth £22k at the time of the accident, so could have quite a claim against it before a "declarable" repair was needed.

    Anyway, latest update is that apparently, the wheel wobble is sorted - I spoke to the foreman who told me that the car had 4 new tyres fitted as part of the BMW approved checks.
    When, after several visits where "they couldnt find anything wrong" the foreman took out the car and immediately agreed with me - the car had excessive wheel wobble at speed.
    He then took all 4 wheels off and put them on the balance machine - every one was off. The rears were off by 60grammes and the fronts by 20grammes !!!!
    It would appear that some pleb apprentice had changed the tyres and re-balanced them without removing the old weights. Quite phenominal when the Dealership carries cars many of which cost 50K plus!! The foreman has now sorted it and re-tested the car where he states it is now perfect.


    The car is going back across to the body shop tomorrow to sort the paint / bonnet. Then, hopefully, I will get my car back and I can put this one behind me!!

    As mentioned previously, the garage have been helpful and have lent me an almost identical car as a loaner until mine is sorted, cant say fairer than that I suppose!

    I will let you know how we get on from here....

    andy
    Good to hear this is getting sorted Andy.
    Also, I love being right (re the wheel wobble..)
     
     

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Boostist For This Useful Post:

    andytran (28-11-2008)

  11.  
    #19
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    andytran's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    2009
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    OK,

    Just to close this one, got the car back. The wheel wobble is totally gone. The bonnet is now fitted correctly and sits properly on the car.

    Whilst I must say that the salesman Scott who dealt with all of this was SUPERB, the general standard of workmanship at the dealership is very, very poor.

    When I picked up the car, I found it had 2 service items due within 2000mls. (BMW approved should have nothing due for at least 4000 miles). So I had to take the car back to them to get sorted. Then 3 seperate trips back to them for this fiasco - although Im still pissed off about the fact that the car had been in an accident, I do understand that these things happen and I aim to put it behind me.

    However, to have the service items outstanding AND needing to balance all 4 wheels only days after new tyres were fitted is pretty attrocious for a prestige dealership. My son works for Ford and even they are better than that!! Even more annoying is the fact that 2 different mechanics took the car out to look for the wheel wobble problems and came back saying nothing wrong! Only after getting the service manager to take out the car did the problem then get identified.

    Whilst Scott was very apologetic and couldnt have been better, I would have thought some form of sweetner would have been offerred, such as a % discount from the next service or something like that. This whole fiasco has meant 4 (35 miles each way) trips back to the dealer because of their incompetence. Plus time off work and general rushing around.

    As it stands, I aim to go elsewhere for future service, unless the dealership offers a sweetner.

    In summary, as it stands, I cannot recommend John Clark BMW for service/repairs. On the past 3 weeks experience, theyve been bloody awful!!

    Andy
     
     

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts