BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2000 E46 320d - Where can I buy a M47n Engine?

Tags
m47n
3K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Jon5465 
#1 ·
My engine blew & I need to replace it. I've only had the car 8 months now and I'm feeling a bit miffed!

Can anybody give me some direction as to where I could find a used engine retailer?

Many Thanks

#4 ·
Nope, faulty injector apparently.

My mechanic said it'd probably be cheeper to source a replacement engine as opposed to individual parts, ouch.

Many thanks for the link, I'll give them a phone call tomorrow and see what the damage will be. Hopefully under £1000!

#9 ·
I will tell you who not to go to - Mycarengine.com - the guy sent the wrong engine (Rover M47R)and then lied through his teeth for close on 8 weeks regarding a replacement and when I asked for a refund I finally got it after 2 bounced cheques and 3 additional weeks of constant telephone calls. He still hasnt aranged for the M47R engine to be collected!!!!

Finally got an engine from a breakers in NI, excellent service and very cheap delivery £60 to Scottish Highlands delivered within 2 days.

If you want to try him his number is 07828314961 ask for Sarge Khan:thumbsup

#10 ·
Cheers for the heads up with regards to Quarry Motors & I'll be sure to steer clear of MYCARENGINE!

The mechanic came over last night and said his final quote for replacement engine & fitting would be around about £1900. I'm sure I can find it cheaper else wear.

Will keep you all posted, need to keep the 3series alive!

#12 ·
Crikey! Keep us updated with any quotes you get as my mate with an E46 320D has had the same injector fault destroying a piston too! If its going to cost over 1000 hes going to break the car and sell as parts, if its looking at well over a grand id better start claiming any bits i want off it :)

#13 ·
will do, just got another quote at £1,100 for an engine which has done 55,000 miles & comes with 18month warranty. My mechanic says it's around 8 hours to take out the old engine and put in a new one so I'm looking at around £400 in labour.

Considering I'm looking to keep this car for the few years I think I'm going to buy this engine. May also consider selling it once new engine is fitted if I can get any decent offers as it's had a lot of work done to it & is SE model.

will keep you posted.

#19 ·
Urgent Update

After a month of dicking around with the above mentioned company I have finally managed to get my money refunded as they never shipped out my engine. After I had tried to contact them for about three weeks to no avail (email, mobile & landline) they finally sent me an email yesterday explaining the engine I had ordered from them had somehow managed to become damaged in their warehouse and therefore the sale was off. Bear in mind that they should have shipped out my engine three weeks before they sent me this email. The had also taken my money one month prior to the email which I received so to cut a very long and painful story short...

*AVOID USED ENGINES AND GEARBOXES.CO.UK*

Unless of course you are only looking to loan somebody a grand for over a month.

Pass the message on to anybody looking to buy a used engine as I'd hate for somebody else to be put out financially as I have... lets not forget that I have not had the use of a car for a month now also.

Rant over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.