Hope this is not too dumb a set of questions. This coming from a guy who used to pay for his previous car to get valeted every month!
I went to my local Halfrauds to attempt to get some cleaning gear for my car. Now I am a complete ameteur and knew nothing about clay bar(s) until recently. It was more along the lines of keep the car relatively clean and wash it lightly every week or so especially with the looming winter months (now that I have no job I have the time!).
So went into Halfrauds with the intention of buying the following:
1. The Ambersol interior cleaner(I have beige leather interior) DSK was banging on about, found it at 4.99
2. A fancy mitt thingamy that looks like a mess of spider legs - lol pmsl. Found like a dozen at many varying prices.
3. two buckets, one for clean water, and a bucket for rinsing the dirty mitt off - one that has a strainer type thing at the bottom. couldn't find that
4. A chamois there's a multitude of different ones / types - very confusing ranging from 2.99 to 12.99
5. Cloths for cleaning dash that dont leave bobbles behind (lint free)? Again many different types and prices.
6. What the feck wax and or shampoo do i use?
7. Do I need a seperate Chamois for cleaning windows?
There where at least 5 different types of each product to choose from and I ended up buying nothing. Is Halfrauds a place to avoid like?
Any chance of helping out a total noob who wants to look after his BM and post up pics ASAP?
Not trying to be a pro valeter in one day / week / month. Just want to avoid noob pit falls and save money whilst taking pride in keeping my BM clean.
Cheers all! Red!