BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Wheel cleaning help.

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Ragamuffin 
#1 ·
having been lazy for the last few months , i decided to give my ally wheels a good wash, in the past i have tried different cleaning sprays , but i always find spots of grim left behind, have tried to brush them hard , i fail to get rid of them,
can any one tell me please if there is any strong cleaner i can use to get rid of them? or is domesto the last option??
it has to be some thing so strong that can cut through the spots of dirt and grim
thanks for reading and taking time to reply
wishing you all well
m asif

#2 ·
alloy wheel cleaner
or tar remover on just the spots of tar!

#9 ·
Do you actually take your wheels off to clean or not? I take mine off when I get a chance to clean the backs and get into the corners properly,and I use a firm toothbrush to get into the corners. I think I'm the only person on here to use the stuff, but I add a tea spoon of SODA CRYSTAL's into the warm water. NOT caustic soda.It has grease dissolving properties, and when all washed and scrubbed and rinsed, the wheels definitely have more of a shine than without the soda.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.