Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Thanks
    hi guys n girls

i have a 323 ti compact m

i want to clean the interior as best as possible it has a black interior half leather seats with a fine polka dot black cloth

any great tips to bring it up insanely nice

i am in spain so products arent always easy to get

any help would be appreciated

thanks peeps

dave

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Ronnie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    See above
    Year of Manufacture:
    Never too old, never too new
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual
    Car Body Type:
    Usually 5 doors
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,052 Times in 5,322 Posts
    Have a look at this guide here, http://www.detailacar.co.uk/guides/interior.pdf

Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    ThE.gRiZzLe's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    -Hoover
    -Steamer
    -Leather Cleaner & Conditioner
    -Glass Cleaner
    -Quick Detailer
    -Microfibres (Variety)

Job done unless repairs need to be made. But those should clean up most of the interior really well. Generally the basis for all interior details I do.

Ahmet

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ThE.gRiZzLe For This Useful Post:

daveinspain (01-05-2010)

6. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    daveinspain's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323 ti compact m left hand drive
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Thanks
    my next question is living in spain i want to protect my paint from the very hot conditions,i also want my car as shiny as possible with a real high gloss as i also organise a monthly car show so i want it gleaming

1. maguiars
    2 auto glym
    3 poor boys

im lost............what one

appreciate your help

Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    All 3 ...

However if your quite limited, I really do rate meguiars though they're quite commercial, the majority of the time they are very reliable & do the job, but for a full on hand polish, I doubt you'll safely get any better than AG Super Resin Polish.

Are you on a tight budget?

Ahmet

9. valet 
    BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    daveinspain's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323 ti compact m left hand drive
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Thanks
    budget is pretty open

Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Well if your willing to stretch your budget, I would really recommend buying a Meguiars G220 DA Poliisher, and spinning up the car with a cutting and finishing compound.

The G220 is very safe and simple to use, and I still use it for areas on cars that the rotary isn't suitable for. And I did my whole E46 with one without having to get out the rotary. Brilliant machine. Or some people also rate the DAS-6 DA polisher if your budget cant stretch to a G220.It will be worth buying a selection of pads & compounds with the polisher.

However, its not a quick job and probably will take the best of two days. Usually:

- Snow foam
    - Wash car thoroughly (2BM)
    - IPA Wipe the car down
    - Clay
    - Wash again (2BM)
    - Machine polish with a cutting compound (You find the grade required for your paints condition)
    - Machine polish with a finishing compound
    - Protect your NEW paintwork with a good wax!

If your interested in doing this process to restore your paintwork to better than showroom condition I can give some advice on what to buy specifically but alot of it is down to preference.

Ahmet

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    4wheeldriver's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M 135i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Sport auto
    Car Body Type:
    sport hatch
    Thanks
    Which cutting compound would you recommend. I've a few light scratches on my Space Grey X5 I'd like to try and get out. I've a fairly primitive old machine polisher but worried in case I take to much paint off. Think there's some Autoglym G27(?) cutting stuff in the shed but using it by hand on a small area was a real booger of a job!! I usually clay it with Dodo Juice bar followed with Lime Prime then HArd candy so anything thats going to help get it looking better is a bonus.

Any suggestions you can throw my way are appreciated.

Cheers

4WD
    M135i, prof nav, adaptive suspension, 8 speed sport auto, heated memory seats, comfort access, Harman Kardon, voice control, USB interface etc etc pocket rocket

535d m-sport in Platinum Grey, black dakota, sport auto, sun protection glass, media pack, spoiler, voice control, lane departure warning.

X5 3.0sd 20s Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Logic 7, Panoramic Sunroof, Reversing Camera, Rear DVD, Programmable Park Heat, Tow Pack - GONE and will be missed

Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wheeldriver View Post
    Which cutting compound would you recommend. I've a few light scratches on my Space Grey X5 I'd like to try and get out. I've a fairly primitive old machine polisher but worried in case I take to much paint off. Think there's some Autoglym G27(?) cutting stuff in the shed but using it by hand on a small area was a real booger of a job!! I usually clay it with Dodo Juice bar followed with Lime Prime then HArd candy so anything thats going to help get it looking better is a bonus.

Any suggestions you can throw my way are appreciated.

Cheers

4WD
    Hi there,

Well, as some of you detailers would know BMW's paintwork is extremely hard, and take quite a hard bit of work to cut down.

My personal preference for BMW and VAG paintwork are Menzerna compounds.

For swirling and rds I use Menzerna Power finish (Light/Medium Cut) to remove the scratches/swirls on a Sonus sfx-2/3 Pad depending on cut required.

And then I use Menzerna final finish to remove the hazing created by the power finish, though its barely noticable. This is done on a Sonus SFX-4 Finishing pad.

For deeper scratches (Ring scratches etc.) I use Menzerna Power Gloss (Heavy cut) but be very VERY careful as this will cut through the paint very quickly especially on a rotary (which I presume you have) This should be done with a SONUS SFX-1/2 pad but should only be used when really necessary.

Just make sure you work the compounds in properly otherwise you'll be there for hours barely achieving any cut whatsoever.

These are my personal preference and work very well on BMW and VAG paintwork.

By the way NICE CHOICE with DJ LimePrime but clay wise I prefer a Sonus Ultra-fine Detailing clay, as even though I have been detailing for a while now, I find this clay is easiest and safest to use on all paintworks

But like I said, everything is down to preference. Just make sure the paint is truly clean by claying & IPA wipes before polishing so you dont push contaminants further into it! And you'll be fine...

Ahmet

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    4wheeldriver's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M 135i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Sport auto
    Car Body Type:
    sport hatch
    Thanks
    Ahmet

I used the Dodo juice bar and kit as that was what was recommended to me by the deatailer I got the stuff from. He reckoned it was the best and easiest for someone who was just starting with the clay etc. No being daft I tried it my Mother's C30 Volvo first though was going to try it on the RRS next if it had ever come back from the garage but unfortunately it died so the X5 was the next time it was used 2 days after purchase. Have to admit it isnt bad for swirls so far compared with the RRS paintwork. Mind you the paint on them tends to be VERY soft and easy to mark. There are a couple of scratches I need to get out though and theyre fairly localised so maybe worth try the AG paint renovator as it took out some of the scratches on SWMBO 10 yr old tt. Was pleased with the finish on the X5 after a days work on it though.

Might look at doing more work on it in the better days and see if I can get a couple of the smaller scratches out.

Any recommendations for a couple of stone chips?? There's 2 on the bonnet and a couple on the front I want to get rid of.

Cheers

4WD
    Attached Images
    M135i, prof nav, adaptive suspension, 8 speed sport auto, heated memory seats, comfort access, Harman Kardon, voice control, USB interface etc etc pocket rocket

535d m-sport in Platinum Grey, black dakota, sport auto, sun protection glass, media pack, spoiler, voice control, lane departure warning.

X5 3.0sd 20s Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Logic 7, Panoramic Sunroof, Reversing Camera, Rear DVD, Programmable Park Heat, Tow Pack - GONE and will be missed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast