BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

So my spending on car 'Washing' products is getting out of control

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  sam1832 
#1 ·
Ive never really been that intrested in cleaning cars or even keeping them clean, untill i bought my BMW. I started off with a bucket with a sponge, a wheel brush, a bottle of shampoo and a shamosis leather. Enough to keep it clean I thought. These have all been replaced now with a wash mit, wheel brushes, better shampoo and a drying towel.

That bucket soon grew to two buckets overflowing with stuff and now i have a massive box jam packed with stuff, a little bag with my polisher and bits for that and a bucket full of 'weekly' cleaning things

I havent really noticed before, but i think i may have become addicted. because today my LED lenser p7 arrived which is infact a torch that i bought for the one purpose of spotting swirls and paint defects. Im only now going to buy cleaning products when one runs out nothing new ..... Maybe

So what does every body think they have spent on the contents of their car washing bucket (or box)???

#10 ·
Wash hers too then ;) i washed my gf's mini copper today, and it looks stunning

I have a cupboard, shelf in the shed and 2 dustbins full of car cleaning products... and I really must clean that car tomorrow!!!

It's a great feeling taking a dull car, or dirty car and getting it absolutely gleaming, right up to the point a seagull flies over...!!! Oh the joys of living near the sea!!
i always forget how good it looks when its really clean lol

I already had stuff for my bikes, but since getting my car back in January this year I must have spent around £75 on polishes, chamious & leather cleaners :D
every time i order from CYC i spend £50 :mad grrrrr

I think I've become like you in my 4 months of owning a BMW, I reckon I've spent close to £400 which includes a DAS6 polisher - I started out with a wash mitt and shampoo :eek

It is very therapeutic though ;)
ive had mine since the end of march, and too have bought a das6 polisher lol
good piece of kit though :thumbsup

#7 ·
I have a cupboard, shelf in the shed and 2 dustbins full of car cleaning products... and I really must clean that car tomorrow!!!

It's a great feeling taking a dull car, or dirty car and getting it absolutely gleaming, right up to the point a seagull flies over...!!! Oh the joys of living near the sea!!

#11 ·
on the bmw this year i have spent the grand total of £15 on cleaning products that includes shampoo and wax and a mitt and a cloths and a abrasive sponge for my exhaust and a alloy wheel brush and a dry cloth and a 3 buckets and a watering can.

and last year £70 on a khracker or however you spell it pressure washer but no outside tap on my new house :banghead

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.