Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    convertible
    Thanks
    So now that I've got a pressure washer I'm interested in using the foam bottle. I'm a little but confused though so looking for a bit of advice:

- Is snow foam any harsher than normal car shampoo eg autoglym shampoo? Will regular use strip your wax layer quicker than shampoo?

- I've gathered that snow foam is a pre-wash but I'm assuming it isn't a necessary step for a car that is only marginally dirty? eg no motorway miles, just covered in a light dust and only washed a week previous? Would the pressure washer on its own be good enough to blast away the dust film?

- can you use a normal car shampoo like a snow foam? I'm liking the idea of foaming up the car with the shampoo and then just using the wash mit? Could still use the 2 bucket method albeit it will be 1 bucket? What do you think?

- are there any good car shampoos out there that are dedicated to being used in like snow foam? (that's if you can use the normal shampoo)

cheers for any advice given

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    GavGTD's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    520i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Hi, hope i can clear a few things up for you:

Snow foam is maybe a little harsher than shampoo but it depends on dilution ratios. All snow foams are formulated not to strip wax.

Yes foaming is a pre-wash. Its not always necessary to foam a car but if you have the equiptment its worth it as you still could do with removing any particles off the vehicle before you touch it with a mit. A quick blast with the PW then its up to you based on what's left on the car.

You can use a normal shampoo but some don't foam up as well as others, and the chemicals won't do as good a job. however foaming with shampoo then washing without rinsing first could be useful. I would also still use 2 bucket method regardless of if i've foamed or not.

Meguires hyper wash is good through a foam lance but as said won't do the same job exactly so better off with a dedicated foam. Autobrite's magifoam is the best i have tried so far.

HTH
    Meh....

Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,115 Times in 5,338 Posts
    Gaz, look for snow foam that is PH neutral . This one's pretty good ...LINK

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    baderlfc's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325ti Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    hatchback
    Thanks
    As you said snow foam is a pre-wash, it's not harsh and won't strip wax.. infact most snow foams are PH neutral.

Generally speaking snow foam is used to break up and clear the larger particles on the car, therefore leaving a clearer/cleaner surface to clean with your shampoo/microfibre..

Most shampoos are a little thick to be used as snow foam, I'm sure some would work though.. personally I use snow foam for pre-wash, shampoo for wash
    E46 325ti Sport
    Lowered 50/40 on Weitec springs
    18" staggered BBS RS-GTs

Pioneer MVH-8200
    Focal Polyglass 5.25" 130VB components
    Alpine MRP-M650 Monoblock with Alpine Type R 10"