BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

smoke smell from interior how do i get rid of it please?

Tags
rid
3K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  TazK 
#1 ·
Hi guys

i bought a new car (e90) the other day and the previous owner was a smoker i dont smoke and hate the smell a couple of years ago I had the same problem and used autoglym interior shampoo but alas to no avail does anyone know how to get rid of that smell as i hate it esp being a non smoker

thanks in advance :thumbsup

#14 ·
Also try cleaning the whole of your interior of your car by renting the RugDoctor Machine. I've done every car I've bought with it and it leaves them like factory once done. -Removes everything, smells, stains, -it also leaves the car smelling like factory!

BMW 840ci

#16 ·
Smoke

Hi
I valet ( Detail ) cars in my spare time & the dirty smell of smoke is terrible, ( I used to be a smoker) it's not too bad if the car has leather seats as they can be wiped but you need to get the car professionally valeted ( Detailed) when done & depending on the weather in your Country, leave the doors / windows down & add a sweet smelling fluid INTO THE CARPET FIBER

Good Luck.

#18 ·
I always wondered whether a rugdoctor or vax etc would mess up the electrics in the seats as you are pressuring water into them?

It doesn't matter on the older cars, but in the newer ones there are all sorts of wiring and electricals in them?

#25 ·
Would an aircon refresh help? I know you have an interior smell, but im thinking the mist fog etc may neutralise anything in the air...

#27 ·
right guys tonight I put in 2 large bowls of vinegar in one in the front one in the back one bowl brown vinegar one bowl white will report back on findings :) after that I want to get that rug dr give it a good cleaning then put in that california scent which has come so hopefully will be nice and new smelling :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.