BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Lose the chrome?

Should I get rid of the chrome grills?

6K views 54 replies 23 participants last post by  xXNealXx 
#1 ·
Cant make up my mind so I thought I'd see what you lot think.

Here's what she looks like now but there will be angel eyes going on in the not too distant future.

Any thoughts appreciated.

See less See more
#8 ·
Whoops hit thanks instead of quote :confused

Haha though.

Think I'll probably just buy a set off ebay so I can take them off if I change cars. Saying that though are they hard to paint ie is it just a spray you can buy in Halfords or do you need to get a pro to do it?

Would like to see how they look fitted if anyone has a pic with this colour car...?

#13 ·
I may go that route with black wheels at some point next year. Not completely sure yet but I'm toying with the idea of tinting the windows as well. If I go that route I'll defintely get the black grills. As it stands though I'm actually leaning more towards keeping them chrome....

#15 ·
You'll need to have a cut out in the mesh. It will look tidy so long as you put something similar to thin air hose around it (air hose with a slice going from top to bottom so that you can open it up and feed it around the cut out):thumbsup

#44 ·
Hiya, how about the other way around?
Ive got a light green 323i and i'm thinking about spraying the black slats in the grill the same colour as the car. (light green 0r morea grun!) What do you guys reckon? I think it'd look nice an' i havent seen many other BM's with the slats colour co-ordinated. Please Advice.
Thanx....
Ps. I vote to do yours Black! Defo... :thumbsup

#34 ·
Damn thanks button looking: so like the quote one.....:banghead

Anyway: I definitely would on your car. I think the styling would match. Also why are you thinking of selling?

I think I'm gonna keep them on my own though for the moment at least.

Thanks for all the replies/votes. Hehe I do a poll and then go against it anyway.

#35 ·
Lol, in the end of the day, it's your car and your choice!

But I am deffo getting them if i don't sell it.

I'm thinking of getting an e30, thats why i'm looking to sell it. It's gonna be sad to let go of it. Have so much love for it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.