BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Lose the chrome?

Should I get rid of the chrome grills?

6K views 54 replies 23 participants last post by  xXNealXx 
#1 ·
Cant make up my mind so I thought I'd see what you lot think.

Here's what she looks like now but there will be angel eyes going on in the not too distant future.

Any thoughts appreciated.

See less See more
#38 ·
I voted 'No' , keep the chrome. Some cars like A20 RYM's suit the non-chrome look, in his case, because the car is white and the contrast looks good. I think if I de-chromed mine, however, it would look crap. I see coloured cars without the chrome quite a lot, and generally, I don't think they look very good.

#45 ·
keep them chrome impo... black grilles only suites 2 colours impo... silver and white (maybe black too) if your making them black u need to have the whole theme across the car - depends how tacky you want to make ur car look - and remember how long your keeping it for, you planning an "upgrade" soon?? if so keep as much standard as you can lol easier to sell

#51 ·
i personally cant believe so many people spray there grills black, i think the chrome is a nice touch and would never change it :)

#52 ·
I think it depends on the colour of the car. It looked great on my black E36, and it looks great on A20 RYM's white coupe..:cool

BUT i tried the black grilles on my calypso red E36 and i didnt like it at all and have kept the chrome as IMO it suits the colour of the car more...:cool

Each to there own though....:thumbsup

#54 ·
I got some fitted, they are quite subtle and help 'lighten up' and freshen the front of the car, its really the only chrome upgrade I would do though!

No chrome far:

No chrome close:

Close Chrome Left:

Close Full Chrome:

Far Finished!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.