Model of Car:
    330i Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic (Tiptronic)
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hi there, well I must live in Seagull central, namely Ramsgate, despite washing and waxing my car regularly, the damn Seagulls are flying S**t machines and seem to aim for my car especially whenever its been washed. My car is an e46 330 in Sapphire Black Metallic. I use various waxes and always come back to MER as it is easy to apply and seems to give a good shine. recently with the warmer weather we have been having I have noticed Seagull Splats that seem to have welded onto my paintwork, I regularly use a wet cloth and leave over splats until soft and most wipe away without leaving any marks, however I have noticed in two places on my cars roof, the dreaded seagull S**t has damaged the laquer layer and despite trying various waxes the marks are still visible. Does anyone know what to use to remove these marks, they even feel rough compared to surrounding paintwork. Do I need to use an electric polisher? or some sort of cutting paste like T cut? Does any car detailer out there have any tips? Any advise would be most welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Master
    Car Details
    mad4it's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    touring
    Thanks
    mate you should have seen my coupe today and just after i polised and waxed her, i have never seen so much crap from a bird what the hell do they eat and they always seem to go for mine at work, its a 16 year old e36 coupe that has been looked after so well not a spot of rust or paint damage i feel like im letting the past owners down by getting all this damage from bird crap on the paint, but as we speak i have a car cover drying and thats it i have had enough everyday at work shes getting coverd up and at night she is in the garage anyway so hopefully no more damage, and as for getting the marks out i dont think there is much you can do as i hear its the acid or something in there crap that eats the paint. sorry for the rant but i feel your pain mate i was so upset today lol theres no need for it.

BFuk Moderator
    Car Details
    Martyn D.'s Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330 ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,111 Posts
    Mark from autobrite is the one who'd know, pm him if he doesn't appear here, i'm sure he'd be able to help you out with good advise

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martyn D. For This Useful Post:

Autobrite-Direct (27-07-2011),Guardian 1962 (27-07-2011)

6. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Autobrite-Direct's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    335d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Ooohh the dreaded bird droppings stain! What the hell do these birds eat!!! The droppings simply burn into the lacquer and stains the paint! You can remove them so all is not lost. Ok depending on the degree of stain the steps i would take are below (however some of them you may not like doing)

1. Wash area thoroughly and try to clay out
    2. Wash area thoroughly and polish with a polish (not wax-something like Cherry Glaze)
    3. Wash area thoroughly and polish with a compound (eg meguiars 85 or 3M fast cut)
    4. Wash area thoroughly and polish with a compound (eg meguiars 85 or 3M fast cut) but with a machine polisher, Dual Action or Rotary
    5. Wash area thoroughly and Wetsand! Wetsand the marks out and then polish the sanding marks back out - be very careful when doing this and use the least abrasive paper something like 3000.
    6. Get Autobrite to get them out

Hope that helps

Regards Mark

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Autobrite-Direct For This Useful Post:

Gabriel (27-07-2011),Guardian 1962 (27-07-2011),Joe9087 (29-07-2011),Martyn D. (27-07-2011)

Rog
    BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Rog's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530i Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Touring/Estate

Thanks
    Part of the problem will be the Mer - if the seagull goo is attacking the paint, then Mer is doing nothing to protect your paintwork. Change your wash, polish & wax products to prevent further damage, and as above try clay to remove the marks, but if they're that far etched even machine polishing may only be able to improve the marks, not remove them.

Also, how quickly do you wash the droppings off?
    2003 E39 530i Sport Touring Auto.
    Goes OK, comfy enough...
    Black Paint | Black Leather | Cruise | Auto Wipers | Auto Headlights | Arm rest | Cup Holders

Some people say I'm stark raving bonkers... The others just smile and nod

Sometimes I think I understand everything... Then I regain consciousness!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rog For This Useful Post:

Guardian 1962 (31-07-2011)

BMW Master
    Car Details
    gaza01's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    convertible
    Thanks
    you'd think by now one of the manufacturers of car care products would have come up with a wax resilient to bird droppings!!!

BMW Master
    Car Details
    mad4it's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    touring
    Thanks
    when mine gets bird crap on it i wash it soon as pos like yesterday it got bombed at work so i cleaned it off at work lol car cover on her today though :-)

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    bmw noob's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318IS
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Thanks
    wash wash wash

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Guardian 1962's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330i Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic (Tiptronic)
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Thanks for the replies, I wash of the Seagull poo as soon as I see it on my car, have tried other waxes, even 3m mild cutting paste, the paint layer is fine, it seems to be attacking the clear laquer layer, leaving a duller, crazed mark on my paintwork, I have used Cannuba wax but god knows what the damn seagulls are eating! As it looks like acid burns, may well have to resort to a professional car detailer as it really pi**es me off to see my car paintwork with these marks, you really would think that in 2011 modern car makers would be able to ptotect car paintwork better than this!

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Autobrite-Direct's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    335d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian 1962 View Post
    Thanks for the replies, I wash of the Seagull poo as soon as I see it on my car, have tried other waxes, even 3m mild cutting paste, the paint layer is fine, it seems to be attacking the clear laquer layer, leaving a duller, crazed mark on my paintwork, I have used Cannuba wax but god knows what the damn seagulls are eating! As it looks like acid burns, may well have to resort to a professional car detailer as it really pi**es me off to see my car paintwork with these marks, you really would think that in 2011 modern car makers would be able to ptotect car paintwork better than this!
    If its a hazy etched type of mark mate then its likely to be burnt into the lacquer - sorry to say. The only effective way to remove this is by wet sanding the mark out then polishing it out, a scary job to say the least. If you do it yourself - be careful!!

We can do it of you have any problems

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Autobrite-Direct For This Useful Post:

Guardian 1962 (31-07-2011)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast