BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

resprays too expensive!!! any solutions for scratches?

Tags
resprays
1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Diablo944 
#1 ·
hi my car has recently been scratched by a mindless idiot, from the front to the back on drivers side!! is there another way instead of getting the panels resprayed? thank you help appreciated.

#3 ·
Hi i had a major scratch on the drivers side door and a few on the boot lid. instaed of getting it resparayed and then worrying if it all matches i had it smart repaired. On the drivers side you cannot notice it from 1 metre away. as you get closer you can see where the repair has taken place but the best bit is as it went right down to the metal you can no longer see that gastly white ...which makes the scratch so evident.

hope this helps.

#4 ·
Have a look at the excess on your insurance policy. I had 4 panels redone on my missus Merc when some f-ing girls did all the cars down our street. She didn't see her premium go up but weather that was down to protected NC or not who knows!

Worth a chat with them at least and then make your decision.

#8 ·
ive tried stuff like autoglym and t-cut and even megs scratch x, none of them do that much too be honest, t-cut will mask a problem, the other 2 work on very very very light scratches not nothing more!

after asking a similar question on here a while ago i found that chemical guys uks scratch/swirl remover is about as good as you can get, its only around £12 and its a cutting compound which is meant to remove scratches! you can get it in varying degrees of aggresiveness depending on the scratches!

for best results needs to be applied with a machine polisher though then finished with something like autoglym super resin polish etc to protect the repaired paint!

i decided after being told about this to stop wasting my money on t-cut etc and bought a polisher (£48 off amazon) and some chemical guys stuff, works a treat and would recommend to anyone!

next best thing to taking it to a bodyshop! :thumbsup

Reactions: Gaz323iVERT
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.