BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

replacement reg plates?

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  saab 
#1 ·
right, i'm looking to replace my current plates on my e36 compact, about time. i got a bit of a buzz for buying things for the car now since i got my alloys on!:D

what style of plate looks good on a '98 e36 compact?
any ideas how much a BMW garage will ask for, for some new plates?
as i don't fancy getting halfords ones, with halfords plastered over it!

#2 ·
I just had some done by platinum plates cost me about £20 for a legal pair delivered and took just 2 days. I had mine in 3d lettering which makes them stand out with the England flag to the left side, look good and road legal and stamped, yet not to horrible with their name on them :)

#8 ·
Hi, I've just had a to get a new set made actually as my car had a set of plates made in Northern Ireland with lettering which I didn't feel would be acceptable here, and they were also very tatty and let the car down. Anyway I used www.no1showplates.com who allow you to design your own plate online including size, spacing, typeface, badges, logos, borders, dealer name etc and give you a preview before you order. I paid £23.47 inc delivery for a set of standard plates with the EU GB logo on the left with a fitting kit and they arrived in a couple of days - very pleased with the service and its amazing how much better the car looks with them!

#9 ·
on my old car it had a plate with lfc in the reg and liverpool badges on the plates (fitted already when i bought it by the way lol) and i never had any trouble off the law or when it came to m.o.t time!

#10 ·
The approach of the police does seem to vary from force to force. The Essex police seem to be quite strict as I know quite a few people who have been stopped for having anything remotely unusual, whereas in other areas I know people who have been driving round for ages with distinctly dodgy spacing and lettering with no problems.

#11 ·
i can imagine, then again though a friend of mine has had a fiesta zetec s for 3 years, passed 3 m.o.t's no problems, has been pulled before and police never said a word.. last week he got a £60 fine because his plates have the lettering in very slight italics!! just some pathetic police with nothing better to do if u ask me, but thats just my opinion lol! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.