BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Race Valeting Vs Black VXR8 DODO Protection Detail/int/eng

2K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  DSK 
#1 ·
Today I was back visiting my client after a 6mth gap previous detail, since I last did the car it has had the wheels painted graphite, lowered 25mm and had to have a big repair due to the valet parking at the airport parking the car on a curb with the front bumper then reversing off and ripping all the lugs and undertray.

I could tell that it had been in the bodyshop because of some bad swirling now showing.

Firstly here are some before pics:

Firstly I tackled the wheels using some as smart wheels and a selection of brushes, ez detail and swissvax style brushes, the tyres were cleaned using some g101 and the arches with virasol and then washed off with the kranzle.

Then I cleaned all the door/boots shuts with my swissvax style brush and some g101, then the engine was soaked with some virasol and left for a few mins then agitataed again with my selection of swissvax style brushes, tyhen rinsed at low pressure.

The car was then given a pre-wash some warm citur de-greaser to cut through the dirt, this was applied to the lowers and the bonnet and left for a few mins then rinsed, next up was a APC snow foam to remove any protection left on the car, left to dwell for 5 mins then rinsed.

Then a 2bm wash using a Z sponge and dodo born to be mild shampoo leaving it looking like this.

The car was then clayed using dodo gentle grey, no pics because hardly any contamination removed, then re-washed and dried using my RV drying towel and last touch as a drying aid.

Now time to inspect the paint to see how it was looking :doublesho

swirling and light scratches visible, I am going to persude the owner to have a correction in the summer as I love this car and It needs to look its best IMHO.

Now time for the Dodo LP applied panel at a time and buffed, did the whole car and then went round with some poorboys blackhole glaze to fill a few of the marks and enhance the gloss, pre wax shots.

I then applied a coat of Dodo Supernatural and left to cure while I had a sarnie and cleaned the exhausts yusing some fine 00 grade wire wool and AG metal polish.

Before:

Afters:

Then dressed the tyres/acrhes using some rubber/plastic dressing, and then I buffed off the SN using my eurow buffing cloths.

I then cleaned all the exterior windows with some megs glass cleaner and my glass cloths, the engine bay was then dressed using plastic/rubber dressing.

And now time for the interior, this was fully hoovered and a wipedown with some g101 and a mf, then the leather was conditioned using some sonus.

Finally a quick spritz with some duragloss 951 applied/buffed leaving the car looking like this.

A quick inspection under the brinkmann:

Loads better considering this was a protection detail and not a correction, there still is a fair few swirls that hopefully the owner will let me do the works on it later on.

Now time for the BEAST :D

Interior:

And finally:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Thanks again to Bob for letting me work on the beast.

Total time was 7 hrs

All comments welcome as usual.

Paul​

See less See more
#15 ·
This job was a stage 1 detail with the dodo supernatural wax and interior + engine bay, came in at around £220.

I also do paint correction which is fully machine polishing to remove the swirl marks and light scratches etc too this starts from £250 depending on size and condition or £25ph.

I do normal valeting aswell but much prefer spending time and effort on my details as the finished product is so much better.

For full prices please view my website www.racevaleting.co.uk

Cheers Paul ;)

#12 ·
what a great job you do its so nice to see somebody who will take extra special care of someone elses pride and joy, i did valeting when i left school many years ago and i really can appretiate how hard a job it is as my first job was to clean and polish a set of wire spoke wheels, needless to say i never stayed there long.

#18 ·
Looks great chappy. I'd love to have my car done properly but I don't think 7 hours of your clearly (based on results) time would be justified for a 5 year old diesel saloon lol.

I'll stick to DIY until I've got a car worthy of a massive job! Thanks for the inspiration, though. Just goes to show how amazing cars can look when they're done with some care/attention and expertise!..oh and the right kit, too hehe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.