Race's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    hatchback

Thanks
    Today has been booked in for a couple of weeks now, and one i've really been looking forward to.

The Owner Nick contacted me a few weeks ago after he had sold his Z4M and got this beauty as its replacement, With only 14k on the clocks.

On first inspection the paintwork was in pretty good state with a few marks from (suncream) i'd imagine as the were all in obvious places such as door handle, bonnet, boot etc etc. With light/medium swils and a few RIDS.

I arrived at 7:30 to get the car wash,clayed and dried in the underground carpark out of the sun

Firstly i washed the wheels using Bilberry wheel cleaner, Ez detail brush and a selection on Tim's envy brushes (swissvax).
    The car was then rinsed down to remove and excess dirt/dust and then foamed using MEGS APC to remove any old wax.

The car was then rinsed off at low pressure then wash using 2BM with grit guards using megs goldclass shampoo and a schmitt.

The car was then again rinsed and then time for the green sonus clay to come out.
    The car was sprayed with last touch as a clay lube, the clay removed all the contamination not that there was that much to start with.

Then the car was washed again quickly and then dried using CG Miracle drying towel with last touch as a lube.

Now the car was all wash,clayed and dried Nick took it outside to the car park for me to do the rest.

This is the best pics I could get of the swirls (Needs some lessons off Dave Kg on how to get the best from my cam)

Now the car was outside and the sun was beeming down the swirls were very visible.

I firstly tried a combo using a 3m cutting pad and fc+ + ultrafina SE which gave very good correction, I stuck with this method as it was working very well and was doing well for time too.

Once finished correction i went over with a 3m finishing pad (black) with some ultrafine SE to refine the finish.

Then used a megs polishing pad with some swissvax cleaner fluid to remove most of the oils from the 3m polishes, this was then buffed off.

Then i went ove rthe car with CG factory sealant appiled by pc and buffed off, The CG EZ Glaze again applied by Pc and then buffed off.

And now finally the car was waxed using Swissvax Saphir, i applied the whole car panel at a time and then left to cure while i hoovered out and wiped down the interior.

Once the interior was finished i then buffed off the wax leaving a stunning finish.

Then I opened the bonnet and cleaned/dressed the engine bay

The last bits, windows were cleaned using megs glass cleaner and a sonus polishing cloth, The exhaust was polished using megs nxt metal polish and finally the tyres were dressed using CG new look trim gel

Now you can admire the finished article, must admit this has been the nicest car to detail so far.

I would like to thank Nick for the pleasure in working on his pride and joy, look forward to doing the top up detail in 3 mths time :thumb:

Total time taken 10hrs

Many thanks for looking

Paul :thumb:

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    infinity's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Thanks
    very nice indeed

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Ronnie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    See above
    Year of Manufacture:
    Never too old, never too new
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual
    Car Body Type:
    Usually 5 doors
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,052 Times in 5,322 Posts
    CSL...........

I'm not at all surprised that was your favourite detail, they really are a stunning car and that makes it look all the much better

Something tells me he wasn't a happy boy today though........you can blame Harry Redknapp for that

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Uber Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    redadair's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530d Sport (E60)
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    WTF does CSL stand for? Clean Standing Lema?

Anyway, simply stunning job. How much does that kind of job set me back, and that's ahelluva long day! Red

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Ronnie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    See above
    Year of Manufacture:
    Never too old, never too new
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual
    Car Body Type:
    Usually 5 doors
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,052 Times in 5,322 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redadair View Post

Anyway, simply stunning job. How much does that kind of job set me back, and that's ahelluva long day! Red

CSL stands for Coupe, Sport and Lightweight
    Also known as Car Sexy Love

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Race's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    hatchback

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by redadair View Post

That job with the correction,engine and interior cost £335 plus this car had the upgradable wax option too Swissvax so totaling £370

Cheers Paul