Project E92 :) (Spring pad help needed)

Notices

Thread: Project E92 :) (Spring pad help needed)

Reply to Thread
  1. Project E92 :) (Spring pad help needed) 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    jandfgroup's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Many
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Hello there some help needed if you don’t mind. We have taken a rather plain looking E92 and jazzed it up a little but need some help regarding spring pads. I have came across this before on a Mercedes I lowered, there seems to be 3 different spring pad heights for the rear on a Merc for different markets and I was wondering if this was also the case with BMW.

Anyway here are some pic’s, car is a E92 330i SE, so far I have fitted front spoiler (Of well known auction site), M3 style rear lip, GMAX springs (40mm)

As you can see from the side on shots the rear doesn’t sit as low, I was surprised as the front sat higher to begin with and thought that if anything it was gonna be the other way round.

Looks quite good though, any info on the spring pads would be excellent, thanks very much

Ohh : I should point out that I phoned the dealer but they can only see one spring pad listed, so not like Merc, although to be honest when I lowered the Merc I got the part No. of the internet, so maybe the BMW parts deparment are only seeing what is listed for UK, could be wrong though, I dunno.

Cheers
    Mark

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Ronnie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    See above
    Year of Manufacture:
    Never too old, never too new
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual
    Car Body Type:
    Usually 5 doors
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,051 Times in 5,322 Posts
    No different size spring pads are available from the dealer as shown here. http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...53&hg=33&fg=45

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    jandfgroup's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Many
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Ronnie, thanks for the reply. I checked the part number from your link against the chassis/part number of our car at the dealer, so yes only one spring pad as the number was good. My theory of there being different pads for different markets on the BMW’s was wrong.

I should have thought of the more obvious which turned out to be right, the springs are 40mm front 25mm rear, this was not listed when I bought them, but after a bit of digging this turned out to be correct, so the rear is gonna sit high. The springs were just advertised as 40mm.

The car is not handling the best, the rear is a bit twitchy, so going to stick it on the ramp and make sure everything is bolted back up correctly and then send it for alignment, hopefully this cures the handling problem.

Many thanks