Is this polisher any ?good

Notices
 

Thread: Is this polisher any ?good

Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Is this polisher any ?good 
    #1
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Bazza's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    7351 (E65)
    Year of Manufacture:
    2002
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    Salon
    Bazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Looking at buying an orbital polisher. Is this any good? http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165640

    Can i expect to get decent results with this?
    Cry Havoc and slip the 3.6 v8!!
     
     

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  3.  
    #2
    BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Gleammachine's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    525i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    2001
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Touring
    Gleammachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Thurrock/Essex
    Posts
    194
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 114 Times in 68 Posts
    TBH their rubbish and no better than doing by hand, better of investing in something like this to start with as a first machine.

    http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalo...olisher_1.html

    or in kit form with everything you'll need.

    http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalo...irs_kit_1.html

    I know theres a big difference in price but on this occasion you really do get what you pay for.
     
     

  4.  
    #3
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Bazza's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    7351 (E65)
    Year of Manufacture:
    2002
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    Salon
    Bazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the tip. is there any danger of doing damage to the paintwork with the kit you suggest?

    Bazza
    Cry Havoc and slip the 3.6 v8!!
     
     

  5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  6.  
    #4
    BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Gleammachine's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    525i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    2001
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Touring
    Gleammachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Thurrock/Essex
    Posts
    194
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 114 Times in 68 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Thanks for the tip. is there any danger of doing damage to the paintwork with the kit you suggest?

    Bazza
    There is always an element when using machinery on paintwork, a lot less risk with a random orbital like in the link oppossed to a rotary.

    An orbital spins on a random axis so the heat generated isn't fixed in one spot, a rotary spins in one spot so heat is generated quicker.

    as long as a bit of common sense is used then you shouldn't have any problems with the random action, best to familiarise yourself and practice first on a scrap panel.
     
     

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gleammachine For This Useful Post:

    M14RKH (12-03-2009)

  8.  
    #5
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Bazza's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    7351 (E65)
    Year of Manufacture:
    2002
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    Salon
    Bazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks GleanMachine. It's appreciated.
    Cry Havoc and slip the 3.6 v8!!
     
     

  9.  
    #6
    Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    M14RKH's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3
    Year of Manufacture:
    94
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    M14RKH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Stirling, Central Scotland
    Posts
    261
    Thanks
    199
    Thanked 106 Times in 80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleammachine View Post
    There is always an element when using machinery on paintwork, a lot less risk with a random orbital like in the link oppossed to a rotary.

    An orbital spins on a random axis so the heat generated isn't fixed in one spot, a rotary spins in one spot so heat is generated quicker.

    as long as a bit of common sense is used then you shouldn't have any problems with the random action, best to familiarise yourself and practice first on a scrap panel.
    Hi man , came across your name a few times when searching for advice. You hand out some pretty handy tips too . Just to let you know it is appreciated . And handy .
    I was looking into detAILING MY m3 THEN TODAY realised it has been resprayed . So not sure how detailing would be on a resprayed car . I assume its not a BMW paintjob .

     
     

  10.  
    #7
    BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Gleammachine's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    525i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    2001
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Touring
    Gleammachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Thurrock/Essex
    Posts
    194
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 114 Times in 68 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stomper View Post
    Hi man , came across your name a few times when searching for advice. You hand out some pretty handy tips too . Just to let you know it is appreciated . And handy .
    I was looking into detAILING MY m3 THEN TODAY realised it has been resprayed . So not sure how detailing would be on a resprayed car . I assume its not a BMW paintjob .
    No problem mate and thanks, A resprayed car will not effect you detailing it, just means it will have more paint than standard, as long as the bodyshop did it's prepping well then there should be no issues with the finish.
    Are you machine polishing? if so then just treat it with the same care as you would a panel with normal paint readings.
     
     

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gleammachine For This Useful Post:

    M14RKH (15-03-2009)

Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts