BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Plasti Dip

Tags
dip plasti
3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  payno 
#1 ·
Hi,

I've been looking at various vids on youtude with regards to this spray and it looks remarkable.

I'm thinking that rather than shelling out £40-50 on a Black grille, I'm going to spray my existing one.

I have also seen wheels done and the final result is extremely tough, able to handle Jet washing etc.

Have any of you folk had any experience with it.

Rob

#2 ·
i did my interior centre console and there it barely stays on with a little rubbing or scratch. i can't believe it would ever stand up to jet washing and i wouldn't consider using it on any exterior parts to be honest. two weeks later and you'll be stripping it off to paint it properly.

#3 ·
#4 ·
I do not agree with starkie !!!
I had my wheels done in white plasti dip on my compact (mv2's - 18") and after one year and almost 2-3 times in a week on the car wash (hand one) they were absolutely spot on. I took more care when I sprayed (really good cleaning, degreasing, few thin coats etc...) but it paid off. Some saying you can do 4 wheels from one can ( yes you can but then you wont achieve the effect what you wanted) I've used 1,5 can on 1 wheel !!!

Do it properly and you wont be dissapointed

Mike

Reactions: bmwrob
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.