This BMW 335i was booked in for a 3 day paintwork correction the owner has done a great job caring for the car washing it 2BM etc, but he wanted it putting back to showroom condition and some bad bird etching removing from the bonnet.
Wash process as follows.
1. Wheels cleaned with A/S smart wheels EZ brush for the inners and envy brushes for the faces.
2. Door and boots shut cleaned with A/S G101 and envy brushes.
3. Wheel arches cleaned with Megs super degreaser and vikan brush.
4. Engine degreased with Megs super degreaser.
5. Lower half of the vehicle sprayed with citrus degreaser and pressure washed off.
6. Foamed with Megs hyper wash left to dwell for 5 mins then pressure washed off before being foamed again with Megs shampoo plus and washed 2BM with lambs wool mitt.
7. Dried off with uber drying towel.
Which it left us with this.
I then moved inside and removed any traces of tar from the paintwork which to be fair was pretty minimal but there was some random lumps on the inners of the wheels.
I then clayed the paintwork with sonus green and Megs last touch.
Paint reading were then taken which revealed nice healthy levels of paint across the car with no signs paintwork repairs etc, there was a few areas that had some pretty deep sanding marks.
2000 and 4000 grit pads soaked in some warm soapy water.
Giving the colour of the paint is was proving difficult to capture the defects which was made even harder as my sun gun seems to have gone missing HEAD BUMP
The correction was carried out on a Megs polishing pad using 3M fast cut plus and a drop of ultrafina most panels requires 2 hits and some required 3 hits until I was happy enough with the finish.
Some before and afters not the most contrasting correction pics given the colour but you get the general idea.
Tighter areas were corrected with a 3M spot pad and same polish combo.
The bonnet had around 20 bird etching marks on the bonnet which the owner told me was inflicted in one sitting after parking the car under a tree, after 3 hits the marks were improved but still there.
So I stepped up to a Megs cutting pad and the same polish combo and after 1 good hit they were all gone.
Side skirts and bumpers were corrected on a lake and country spot pad with Menz 203.
The polishing stage had produced a fair bit of dust.
Removed with a PB duster.
Paintwork was then refined with Menz 203 on a 3M waffle polishing pad, and whilst I was busy doing this Julian sealed the wheels all the way through with poorboys wheel sealant, dressed the tyres with A/S high style and detailied the interior cleaning and protecting the leather with Zaino.
Paintwork was then wiped down with IPA to remove any polishing oils.
Paintwork was the cleansed with SV cleaner fluid on a 3M waffle pad via the G220.
A coat of SV bos was then applied and left to cure for 1 hour.
Door shuts waxed also.
Engine dressed with Megs all season dressing.
Door rubbers feed with SV seal feed.
Exhaust cleaned and protected with the Britemax twins.
Exterior windows treated with the carlack system.
Basic cleaner applied first on a cotton pad in tight circles and left for 5 mins.
Once removed the repellent was applied on a clean piece of tissue and left for 10 mins.
Sprayed with a drop of water and removed with a clean micro fibre towel.
Leaving crystal clean windows.
With the wax now removed I gave the paintwork a wipe down with finishkare 425.
Here is a few afters of a Porsche boxster that received a 3 day correction detail a month or so ago.
Thanks for looking.