Today saw me carry out a correction detail on yet another BMW 330 with rock hard paint strange how you get a run of the same model car, this is the 6th one in the last month. And it was a swirl fest, I had seen the car previous so I knew what I was in for, the owner had been a regular at the local hand car wash due to having no where to wash the car at his previous address. The detail was carried out at my home and I was up at stupid O’clock firstly to get all set up for the long day ahead.
Vehicle had been dropped off the previous evening.
• Wheels tackled with espuma activo and envy brushes.
• Lower half of the car soaked with citrus degreaser.
• Door shuts, petrol cap etc cleaned with G101 and envy brushes.
• Wheel arches soaked with megs super degreaser.
• Foamed and left to dwell for 5mins before being rinsed and then foamed again with megs shampoo plus and washed 2BM with megs lambs wool mitt.
• Rinsed again and then the lower half of the car treated with AS tadis.
Clayed with sonus green while still wet.
Before a final rinse.
Dried off with plush micro fibre towels.
Then I inspected the paintwork.
Paint reading were taken next.
And some not so high.
After a bit of playing around with pad and polish combos I inevitably ended up with 3M FCP and a drop of UF on a megs polishing pad.
Smaller areas were tackled with 3” lake and country pad and menz IP.
Boot lid after FCP.
Bonnet after FCP.
Continued working my way round the car all panels requiring 2 hits, the hard top was removed to gain access where the hard top sits. I then corrected the hard top with a megs polishing pad and megs 83. I then refined the paint with UF and then cleansed the paint work lime prime via the G220 on a 3M blue waffle pad. Zaino Z2 was then applied wheels were also sealed with Z2 and then a final wipe down with Z8, tyres dressed with AS highstyle.
Customer then arrived and ask if he could pop out in the car to take some pics with the roof still off.
Once the customer returned the hard top was refitted.
Car is now on the books so no more hand car washes
As always thanks for taking the time to look.