BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Perfection Detailing - RS Focus.

3K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  sam_c 
#1 ·
This rather nice RS Focus belongs to a repeat customer of mine that currently owned the Subaru 330S that I done a full correction on a while back.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/for...highlight=Perfection+Detailing+vs+Subaru+330S

But after finding the ultra soft paint of Subaru difficult to live with he decided it was time for a change. After inspecting the vehicle 3 weeks prior to the detail it was agreed that one of our superior protection details was going to be all that was needed minus the interior and engine, as it was the exterior that was the customers main concern and extra attention was payed to the black parts of the RS.

I wasn't planning on doing a write up on this so its a bit short but sweet :)

On arrival

As you can see the vehicle was pretty clean on arrival, and after our normal wash procedure the vehicle was moved inside for drying. Wheels were left for now as they would all be coming off later anyway.

Tardis was used to remove any tar spots.

Paintwork was then clayed with sonus green and paintwork was inspected.

Pretty minor swirls which are always quite difficult to capture on this paintwork, but as with all the other RS's I've done the black parts were all pretty swirly.

Front grill taped up to protect it and also stop the polish pad from destroying itself.

Couple of afters

Once all the machine work had been done the wheels were removed to gain access to the insides of the wheels as the customer had opted for a G-techniq wheel armor upgrade, as the RS wheels can be a bit of a pain to keep on top of.

Cleaned with smart wheels and various brushes and then tar removed with tardis once again.

Then protected with the G-techniq wheel armor.

For protection the customer had asked if we could apply the Werkstat system as he had loads left from another Subaru that he used to own, which was fine with us as its an easy system to use and looks great on this colour.

Tyres were then dressed with AS highstlye and wiped after 30 mins to avoid tyre fling, glass cleaned, and mud flaps dressed with megs all season dressing.

Afters

As always thanks for looking.

Neil :)

See less See more
#6 ·
Lovely job Neil. Hideous car though!!
With you on that. As much as I should really like the Focus, I just can't bring myself to it....

Great job Neil.

#11 ·
Very nice indeed - can you give us an idea of what this cost him and how long it took?

Smee
Cheers guys :thumbsup

Below is a link to our prices, for the E46 cab you would be looking at our enhancement detail or our full correction detail depending on how bad the paintwork is. If it is mainly the exterior that you are concerned about we can adjust the price for you on the full correction leaving out the interior engine etc.

The RS focus had our superior protection detail but again the price was adjusted on this detail also as the customer was only concerned with the exterior, but gives you an idea of the cost.

#23 ·
Top job - like the car, its very OTT and slightly chavvy, but still cool (if that makes any sense). I see a couple by home regularly and they make teh ST look very dull (even in Asbo orange!).

There is something about modern fast Fords - they need to be in silly colours (I am contemplating an ST next year, but only if I can find an Asbo orange ST3 at the right price etc).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.