BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Which Orbital Polisher Kit?

702 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  AndyBuck 
#1 ·
I am looking to purchase a machine polisher kit. I have decided on the DAS-6 Pro machine, but I'm a little unsure on what kit to go for.

I'll try and give you as much detail as I can as to what I want the kit to achieve.

I have a black bmw e46 3 series, it has mild to moderate swirl marks. I am looking to fully correct this, and replenish the deep gloss that has slightly dulled in places.

I have used a rotary machine polisher twice, but I would consider myself still very much a novice, hence the orbital machine selection.

I have been on cleanyourcar.co.uk and had a look at their kit selection.

They have the following kits available:

Menzerna

Sonus and Menzerna

Sonus

Meguiars

The Menzerna kit appears to come with the most equipment, but is still cheaper? I take it this will be lower quality compared to that of the Meguiars and the Sonus kits?

Would I even notice a difference without being a professional detailer?

It also says the Menzerna kit is good for hard paint, I'm lead to believe BMW paint is particularly hard, so I'm leaning towards this as the best choice.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide, I sent this message to cleanyourcar, but to no response that's why I'm asking on here :)

Best regards,

Andy.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello,

i bought the menzerna kit from cyc with the DAS-6 pro

very good polisher,

i have a dark blue and successfully completly removed all the swirls from my paint work

the menzerna kit is a very good started pack, the polishes are good

the reason it is slightly cheaper is the pads, the are good but break down easily

saying that i done 3 cars with them,

if you buy this kit just expect to pay £20 more for replacment pads in the future, and i would suggest some of the chemical guys hex-logic pads very good :thumbsup

#3 ·
Thanks Sam, I think I will go ahead and get the Menzerna kit then. I have no idea of the life span of the pads, but 3 cars worth of cleaning isnt too bad, once mine are shot I'll take your recommendation and get some chemical guys ones :)

Thanks for the reply!

Reactions: sam1832
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.