2.3i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shamM3 View Post
    I use the AG SRP, can't fault it for a quick polish to be honest mate - easy on easy off and cures really fast.

If you want to get rid of the swirls i'd use 3m finesse-it, you can use it by hand or machine and it'll get rid of swirls quickly You could also try the AG cotton polishing cloths its what I use and there really soft. Remember to go in small circular motions overlapping each other to avoid swirl marks. I've just mopped over my car with G3 and the 3m product and its come out "blinging"

2 coats of turtle wax and it should be good to go for a month atleast because I can't be arsed washing it again, spent nearly 4 hours on Monday
    which of the turtlewax did you use, i never really tried them before but have recently been hearing alot of real good stuff about them and shouldnt really dismiss them till i have tried, we used to use the autoglymn window cream and boy was that seriously bad for causing condensation many people complained we even wrote to autoglymn best avoided, i think many dismiss turtlewax dunno why they have on the go for ages, and lets be honest who spends hundreds on thee very best of gear we all want a good finish at a good price
    WHO DOES IT BEST , ZEE GERMANS

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    dave16v's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    2.3i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    i also think if maintaining your car regular its impossible to totally avoid clear coat swirling or am i wrong?

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    shamM3's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Vert
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,502 Times in 1,391 Posts
    I've got a old style green bottle of turtle wax. and your right you can't totaly avoid swirling especially on dark colours, by running your fingers across the paintwork you can cause marks

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    shamM3's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Vert
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,502 Times in 1,391 Posts
    I've borrowed collinite of a mate, its really hard to buff off so I stick to turtle wax unless I want to make a day off it. Sometimes I use perma glass on the bottom half of the car. IDK if any off you lot have heard off it? its like water but blue and its a 15 years old bottle lol but still works

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    dave16v's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    2.3i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    yeah a major pain swirls i really do make every effort to use quality goods, does anyone think that some polishes cause swirls (cobweb scratches) i personally do but thats my opinion, i will change my cleaning cloths but will be sticking to ag chamios over a towel as i prefer chamios, and keep buying microfibre cloths for the application and removal of polishes and wax, i just need to kerb my bad or good habit which ever way you look at it of polishing my car all the time

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    dave16v's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    2.3i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    i recon i sussed out why i got cobweb swirls, either my polish applicator or take off cloth, am well annoyed with myself, i should have washed them but in my haste i reused them after the last time i polished and sealed, only used them twice and has only been polished twice in total so am well sick nevermind will just have to use one of the compounds mentioned but not yet as its still new paint am a little nervous so will wait , i have buffed many cars with heavy oxidisation etc but this is different, thanks to all for there comments, ps i am all for trying new products but this is costing me a small fortune lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123