New White F10 M sport seal & protect?

Notices

Thread: New White F10 M sport seal & protect?

Reply to Thread
  1. New White F10 M sport seal & protect? 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    m13lky's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E70 x5 M sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Estate

Thanks
    Hi there I am waiting for delivery of my new F10 msport in white, it should be here in mid October, I have a BMW seal and protect kit at home that I have not used and I asked the dealer if they would apply it to the new car for me, he said no problem they will do it for nothing, In your opinon is this kit a waste of time or not? I currently have a 58 plate White 320 msport that was done with seal and protect when new and it is nearly 2 years old and I have never polished it, it gets washed and dried once a week and always shines like new, even the stubborn marks eventually come off with a bit harder rubbing with the sponge. The reason I am asking your opinons is that I have read a lot of bad press about the seal and protect kit being a waste of money but my thinking is if they do it for nothing and it only cost me £11 of ebay for the genuine article then it cannot do any harm as it seems to work on my white BM at the moment.

Let me know your thoughts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    sam1832's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    convertable Msport
    Thanks
    what is it? is it a wax?

cheaper waxes tend to wash off after a few washes, so the benefit will be short lived

better quality waxes, after being applied will last months before needing to be re applied

but at the end of the day no wax is going to last 2 years,

BMW Master
    Car Details
    mark beardmore's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    m3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Just had a look on detailing world and apparently its rebranded supaguard which is not supposed to be up 2 much, general concensus is youre better off using a good quality wax or sealant after a good detailing as new bmw paint can be a bit shocking depending whos been near it once its been delivered to the dealers

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Legendary BFuk Member +1
    Car Details
    gap141070's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Thanks
    i used supagaurd after my respray..seemingly car dealers used too charge between £500-£1k too do this for you!!!my mate who is a spryer gave me it..actually was pretty good but still i waxed my bimmer after the first wash...and use megs ultimate quick detailer after every other wash...prevention is better than cure so a good routine off washing and waxing will make sure your new car will be protected for years too come...learn all you can about proper washing and wax booster sparys etc..and DO NOT let any car wash places near your car!!!looking after your baby is actually very relaxing and enjoyable..or is that just me..rmember and use a good wheel sealer like rimwax every couple off months too..all good