BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

new leather re-trim..thoughts please!!

6K views 28 replies 23 participants last post by  LoneStar 
#1 ·
hey evryone...just got my car back from the car trimmers...wot do yous think?...incase your wondering why the colour...its almost an exact match too the individual paint on my car...i know it wont be too evryones taste so fire away..good or bad!!

#5 ·
cheers mark....cost £240 for the leather and £900 for the job...the steering wheel was£200 to do because its hand sewn!!workd my arse off for a month too pay for it but it felt like a knew car wen i picked it up!gonna try the meguiars 3step system on the paintwork wen i get a chance so it really stands out!:thumbsup

#9 ·
got it done in a car trimmers in glasgow...tried evrywer too get a colour match for the leather...india..china..america..end up finding a leather supplier in glasgow..15minutes from my doorstep.!!they had 140 different colours...the car trimmer tried too sell me his own but it was beige!!!and he sed thats as close as i would get!!worth lookn about tho!!still,the guy did a good job and knew his stuff..apart from fitting my steering wheel upside down!!!still baffles me how he managed that!!anyway..ad recommend him too anyone!:thumbsup

#13 ·
yeah i agree bigedd...not evryones cup off tea wen it comes too re-sale..but unless i win sum money am stuck with the car for another 4years!!l.o.l...finance!not that am complainin...but why did bmw bring ot the 335i and 135i????i want one off them!!!!oh well...at least they will be cheaper n i can eventually buy 1..

#15 ·
.apart from fitting my steering wheel upside down!!!still baffles me how he managed that!!
Was he an Audi driver:rofl

I love the colour and the detailing. Absolutely awesome:cool

You can tell it's not original though but who cares? It looks great and personally I think it adds to the resale value... IF! you ever wish to sell in the future.

:thumbsup

#19 ·
how on earth did you find somewhere that sells leather i have searched google and get no where...

how much do you need for a job of this size? is it by the meter?

i love what you have done just cant decide if the centre front arm rest needs to be orange or if it will look ott just to match the side arms. are the "m" custome stitched on by the re trimming ppl.

how log did they have the car for?

mate it will be return on investment i am sure that will keep ur car in the top doller for resell in my opinion.

#20 ·
cheers matt...thers a company in glasgow called andrew muirhead..they hav 140 different colours and will send a sample card too your door!then wen you order they deliver the hides too your house or re-trimmer...i searched all over the net too and phoned a place in ireland who gave me this company,,,who wer 15minutes from my house!i only used 1 hide as the black was already existing..hidescum in different sizes from about 4mtrs too near 7mtrs....your re-trimmer will tell you how much you need...the m embroidery was one by the re-trimmer too...took them 2days...was gony do half the gearstick and arm rest but decided itd be too much....waitng for a carbon fibre gearstick with engraved m on it!thanx anyway mate!if you need the number off the suppliers let me know:thumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.