m3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_c View Post
    I'm hoping that the Poor Boys Natty wax I have used on my car today will last and have a similar affect. Up until now I have been using Megs Gold Class Liquid Wax, which is OK for a few weeks and then just gives up the ghost.

I'm getting worse on the detailing front - I spent all day on mine today. The neighbours think I'm mad. But you can really tell the difference after using high quality products. I can feel a few more visits to Performance Motorcae coming on - not only does it take loads of time, but costs a lot as well!
    nattys paste is a good wax to get into detailing with and i have used it for about 18 months, problem is you start wanting more and start trying others, this is where it starts getting expensive! If you apply 2/3 layers of nattys and keep it topped up with a layer every 6 to 8 weeks it will serve you well!
    personally speaking if its durability your after especially with winter round the corner get some collinite 476s, as nothing else comes close in the durability stakes, if its the best look your after try Vics concours its the best wax i've used to date, closely followed by autoglyms hi definition. The biggest dissapointment for me after reading all the hype was dodo's purple haze!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    sam_c's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325ti
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact
    Thanks
    I think a pot of 476 will be purchased just before the weather gets too grim and some paint cleanser.

I know what you mean about wanting more and more; when I first started, I was quite happy with off the shelf stuff like Turtle Wax Platinum stuff. The hard wax looks like it will last longer than the liquid stuff.

BMW Master
    Car Details
    mark beardmore's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    m3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    I think a pot of 476 will be purchased just before the weather gets too grim and some paint cleanser.

I know what you mean about wanting more and more; when I first started, I was quite happy with off the shelf stuff like Turtle Wax Platinum stuff. The hard wax looks like it will last longer than the liquid stuff.
    Longer durability or longer as in how many applications? 476 is a hard wax,vics is a soft which i prefer in when it comes to usage, its a personal thing in all honesty,and very easy to get confused by people over hyping products, i can only share personal experience,thats why i have purchased panel pots of dodo purple haze, supernatural, and vics mayhem this year as its a relativley cheap way of trying new waxes

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    mark@vorny.co.uk's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    911 C2S
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,738 Times in 2,697 Posts
    Funny the therapeutic nature. I used to disappear on my motorbike for a few hours, since that has gone, I clean the car. Only time I manage to truly relax, focus and have no interruptions. I'll be getting a shed and allotment next. Old git.
    2013, Porsche 911 Carrera 4S, PDK, Sports Exhaust, Chrono, etc, etc

*removed

BFUK weekday crew

PLEASE READ THE POSTING RULES & HOW TO CORRECT THREAD TITLES & THE SELLING RULES

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    sam_c's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325ti
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beardmore View Post
    Longer durability or longer as in how many applications? 476 is a hard wax,vics is a soft which i prefer in when it comes to usage, its a personal thing in all honesty,and very easy to get confused by people over hyping products, i can only share personal experience,thats why i have purchased panel pots of dodo purple haze, supernatural, and vics mayhem this year as its a relativley cheap way of trying new waxes
    I meant as in number of applications from a pot. I barely seemed to use any Natty's wax yesterday - although the proof will be when it rains next!

I'm thinking of using some 476 for the winter because people seem to rave about how long it lasts between applications, and waxing in the winter is normally impossible.

I know what you mean about stuff getting over hyped, so I'm a bit cautious about coughing up money for new stuff! The Poor Boys stuff seems to be a good balance between being a quality product and not costing silly money.

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    m3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mark@vorny.co.uk View Post
    Funny the therapeutic nature. I used to disappear on my motorbike for a few hours, since that has gone, I clean the car. Only time I manage to truly relax, focus and have no interruptions. I'll be getting a shed and allotment next. Old git.
    make sure you grow some nice veggies!

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    m3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    I know what you mean about stuff getting over hyped, so I'm a bit cautious about coughing up money for new stuff! The Poor Boys stuff seems to be a good balance between being a quality product and not costing silly money.
    yeah poorboys stuff is pretty good, the best products being blackhole, nattys paste blue and wheel sealant imo!

Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    ThE.gRiZzLe's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thereputic is what detailing used to feel like for me, Now it feels more like it is slowly but surely driving me to insanity

But I think i'm past the stage of hobby now - Its definitely obsession!

Ahmet

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    m3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks