BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

My German plates have turned up :-) (pics)

5K views 62 replies 18 participants last post by  Disco Stu 
#1 ·
hehe i ordered some german plates from CraftyPlates on eBay, they are genuine German metal plates, and I bought the 2010 "Land Bayern" state seals to make them look extra German haha ! :)

What you guys think ?? :silly

See less See more
#4 ·
They look very good, when you put them on the car carry you old plates with you then if you get pulled you're more likely to get away with it if you say you'll swop them then and there....£60.00 and 3 points can be a bit painful.

#23 ·
legal pressed plates

Dubmeister also supply fully Uk Legal pressed metal plates that are ideal for those wishing to add the finishing touch to their cars. Visit our customer gallery to see just how good our plates look!!

Edit...Stu beat me to it

#31 ·
Oh right mate I thought the rules were the same for every force seen as though motoring is a standard accross the country :confused

I know West yorkshire and greater manchester issue points if you've been warned already in the past, some guys car got recovered at a cruise the other week because the officer classed it as having no plates and then saying something about the insurance isn't valid, that was what I heard off the guy and then watched him walk home :hihi

#35 ·
I can second the fact that for the simple offence for number plates, it's a £60 non endorsable (no points).

If, however, there are other offences that the officer can see and report for, ths is when a higher offence that attracts points comes in. This may or may not be the lack of insurance etc etc but without being there it's hard to comment.

As an example though, no seatbelt is £60 while running a red light / dodgy tyre is £60 + 3 points (per tyre).

All of the offences are home office classified and so are the same throughout the country. The bottom line is, if you're right with the copper, he'll be more likely to give you a VDRS and a flea in your ear.

If for any reason you are blatantly taking the mick and 'make' the officer want to look deeper you should brace yourself!

Also, at the end of the day, if you choose to put an illegal plate on your car, you should expect to get a fine if stopped and count yourself lucky if you get away with it. The same with tints, speeding and a host of other tomfoolery.

HTH

Reactions: hexstatic
#36 ·
Oh, sorry to the OP - nice plates notwithstanding the above haha

Reactions: hexstatic
#37 ·
haha thanks!

and thank you for your detailed post above, do you have any refrences to government website so i can read word for word what the law actually is? Its all well and good for me to beleive what people on the forum say untill i get pulled over and end up getting 6 points lol (I hope you understand what I mean). I dont have anything wrong with my car, and i know I wont get any points for anything non-number plate related as my car is in good road worthy condition and all taxed, mot'd, insured etc...

if you could show me where i can find a government website or something that shows the law that would be great, i would much appreciate it!

THANKS!

:)

#38 ·
I don't know where the info is online, but I got my info from the little ticket books I carry around with me at work and (occasionally) find myself writing... :rofl

#42 ·
s. 59 of VERA (breach of regulations) is £60 - The Fixed Penalty Order 2000 as amended by The Fixed Penalty (Amendment) (No 3) Order 2009.

Or look up this on Google. A non-compliant plate gets you £60 but no points (at the moment!). However a copper could remove the plate (as evidence) than you're guily of not-displaying!.............

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.