Matte Black or Gloss White — resale value - Page 2

Notices

View Poll Results: Which color combination for resale?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Matt Black

0 0%
  • Gloss White w/Matt Black roof

6 100.00%

Thread: Matte Black or Gloss White — resale value

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    michael14789's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    And that is what i'm gonna do to my baby next week (or week after) - it's called frozen grey and it looks stunning
    I had matt black compact before and I can tell you that if you dont care about it enough it will look damaged within few weeks. I've managed to keep in nearly brand new condition for over two years the I've sold it and lad completely ruined within 3 weeks. I'm gutted but it's not my car anymore

BMW 318i SE Saloon
    full wrap in frozen grey and carbon fibre details
    roof wrapped in black gloss
    front grille wrapped in carbon fibre vinyl
    carbon fibre headlight inserts
    angel eyes, HIDs, lowered on coilovers,
    Remapped, powerflex bushes, M3 rep bumper etc....
    MV2 alloys

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Baller2012's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    520i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by michael14789 View Post
    I would go for matt white if you want to keep black matt roof.

Where do you live? if you don't mind? I'm only asking because I am a vehicle wrapper and we can make some deal.
    Manchester & Milton Keynes — PM me an ITEMISED quote. I'm not in a rush in any way, but I DO want it done as I plan to sell the car by June.
    Car req:
    *Unwrapping.
    *Wrapping in either white/black roof or all black or all white (again, not sure yet but I know that colour combo doesn't affect price!).
    *I'm also interested in getting alloys wrapped as well.
    Last edited by Baller2012; 04-01-2012 at 20:05.

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    cforehead's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    335d M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    The respray cost looks like the most sensible one to me...

2008 335d M Sport Coupe

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Baller2012's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    520i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dez-Derek View Post
    I love the white/black roof combo. I think it would sell faster and attract more buyers and also turn more heads than the Matt black one. No offensive to people who like "matt" colours, but I find "matt" colours a bit dull and doesn't make the car look new. The only matt colour i'd consider is that silver/grey matt colour on the M3 that was on Top Gear a few months ago.
    Really?
    I took the e60 to the $tealers yesterday (needed it checked due to noise coming from rear, apparently I need new 'bush') and they said that it looks very smart in the matt black. They had new 5/7 series everywhere worth several times more than my car and yet my car really stood out — I noticed all the looks from walking pedestrians as I looked outside the waiting room and nobody even cared much about the new white/red/blue bimmers scattered around. I've never seen matt grey, but I think that would be impossible to shift and only looks good on more aggressive looking cars (e.g. Nissan GTR, New c-class, a5, etc).

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    hontoir's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by michael14789 View Post
    And that is what i'm gonna do to my baby next week (or week after) - it's called frozen grey and it looks stunning
    You will have to add some pictures, as after reading this thread I am quite fancying the idea of wrapping my E46 in this colour. I spent all morning trying to find the clip, had to download the entire Series 16!
    2003 E46 320Ci Coupe

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    Dez-Derek's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e39 523i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic/Steptronic
    Car Body Type:
    Sedan/Saloon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Baller2012 View Post
    Really?
    I took the e60 to the $tealers yesterday (needed it checked due to noise coming from rear, apparently I need new 'bush') and they said that it looks very smart in the matt black. They had new 5/7 series everywhere worth several times more than my car and yet my car really stood out — I noticed all the looks from walking pedestrians as I looked outside the waiting room and nobody even cared much about the new white/red/blue bimmers scattered around. I've never seen matt grey, but I think that would be impossible to shift and only looks good on more aggressive looking cars (e.g. Nissan GTR, New c-class, a5, etc).
    Oh no, don't get me wrong. With matt colours like any other unique colours, people will definitely notice your car because it stands out more and humans are a curious bunch of creatures. But it wouldn't make me go, "Ohhh I want that". I wouldn't want to own it, but I'd admire it for it's uniqueness, where as if I saw a white car with a black roof (and black window tints and rims), I'd admire it and also say "Ohhh I want that"

Driven by experience and pleasure

Diamond BFuk Member
    Car Details
    petrolmarty's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530d M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    2006 December
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    I think Matt paint is a fad and as such would seriously affect the resale a couple of years down the line, as do fashion colours like lime green, whereas White with a black roof is seriously cool and should always sell well.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Baller2012's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    520i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dez-Derek View Post
    Oh no, don't get me wrong. With matt colours like any other unique colours, people will definitely notice your car because it stands out more and humans are a curious bunch of creatures. But it wouldn't make me go, "Ohhh I want that". I wouldn't want to own it, but I'd admire it for it's uniqueness, where as if I saw a white car with a black roof (and black window tints and rims), I'd admire it and also say "Ohhh I want that"
    I think white cars with black roofs 10 years ago would have been odd and seen as a mismatch. Until a few years ago, I really only saw white cars in the Middle east (almost all cars in Dubai are white) and I'm pretty sure white was the most boring colour one could go for, and now it's incredibly popular. I think white/black roof is also a fad colour.

The difference is, there is lots of talk between the two but really, how many matt black cars have you actually seen physically compared to white/black roof. In Milton Keynes I've never seen a full matt black (apart from my own) and I've only seen about 7 in the last year in Manchester. There is so much hype over matt black yet there are so few.
    Oh wait...I think I now really see your point — everybody likes matt black but very few actually go for it.

Anyway I've decided to go for gloss white/GLOSS black roof. I got a quote from Michael but he's too far. Any wrappers here that are near Manchester or Milton Keynes, send me a PM.

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    Dez-Derek's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e39 523i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic/Steptronic
    Car Body Type:
    Sedan/Saloon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Baller2012 View Post
    Oh wait...I think I now really see your point — everybody likes matt black but very few actually go for it.
    Exactly my point. Back then white was seen as the bog standard colour of a car and some of the cars in those times came with black bumpers, which didn't look very pleasing to one's eyes (I know this because my mom had a white 1992 Hyundai Pony with black bumpers haha) However, over the years, the colour white disappeared from standard and have been replaced with the likes of grey/silver, blue, red etc (making these colours common and white unique). Now it seems that white is trying to return, but still offered as an optional extra by some automakers. White is also used on some cars that are seen as performance upgrade such as Audi S-line ranges, VW GTI ranges, new BMW M3s, Fiat Abarths etc.

Driven by experience and pleasure

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12