Leather Seat Repair - Using Dynamix - Page 2

Notices
 

Thread: Leather Seat Repair - Using Dynamix

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1.  
    #11
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    djcla's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330d
    Year of Manufacture:
    2000
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    50
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    can this be added to a guide or in the FAQ its great info that can be applied to my home sofa too
     
     

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  3.  
    #12
    BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    drewlad160387's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    1997
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    drewlad160387's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    sunderland
    Posts
    701
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 229 Times in 186 Posts
    them seats are astonishing how good they come out i have to sort mine out. do i have to egt the exact same colour or can i lighten my seats with a lighter shade. i have saffron yellow and would like them lighter than they are now
     
     

  4.  
    #13
    Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    sam1832's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    2004
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    convertable Msport
    sam1832's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    essex
    Posts
    2,578
    Thanks
    407
    Thanked 810 Times in 675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlad160387 View Post
    them seats are astonishing how good they come out i have to sort mine out. do i have to egt the exact same colour or can i lighten my seats with a lighter shade. i have saffron yellow and would like them lighter than they are now
    Apperntly you can use the dye to make them any colour you want, so if you wanted and you had alot of time and patiences you could do colours, like the bolsters and sides one colour and the middle a diffrent colour,
    if you was going to do all your seats, i would reccomend taking them out to do it

    Quote Originally Posted by M3DrEaMeR View Post
    sam that looks well nice and your seats look like their the same color as mine so do you have the color code for the leathe??r so i can get some of that stuff
    i cant remember the colour code, and i dont think i wrote it down,
    but my colour was called 'light baige' on the dynamix web page,

    i rang my local BMW dealer and gave them the last few numbers in the VIN number and the lady told me what the colour code was

    the dye stuff is really good and im pleaseed with how they turned out
     
     

  5.  
    #14
    BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    drewlad160387's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    1997
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    drewlad160387's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    sunderland
    Posts
    701
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 229 Times in 186 Posts
    hmmm i may toy with twin colour seats now i like the light leather but mines more yellow/mustard than beige lol i serious need to do a rethink now and maybe a few photoshops
     
     

  6.  
    #15
    Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    sam1832's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    2004
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    convertable Msport
    sam1832's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    essex
    Posts
    2,578
    Thanks
    407
    Thanked 810 Times in 675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djcla View Post
    can this be added to a guide or in the FAQ its great info that can be applied to my home sofa too
    Im sure a MOD could move this to the guides and DIY's forum

    Quote Originally Posted by drewlad160387 View Post
    hmmm i may toy with twin colour seats now i like the light leather but mines more yellow/mustard than beige lol i serious need to do a rethink now and maybe a few photoshops
    The two colours would look really good, and i think if i had to do both of my front seats all over i would go for the two colours

    dont forgot if you go for a totaly diffrent colour change your carpets and other trim might look out of place
     
     

  7.  
    #16
    BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    M3DrEaMeR's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320 ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    02
    Transmission Type:
    man
    Car Body Type:
    convertible
    M3DrEaMeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    239
    Images
    11
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 85 Times in 74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1832 View Post
    i cant remember the colour code, and i dont think i wrote it down,
    but my colour was called 'light baige' on the dynamix web page,

    i rang my local BMW dealer and gave them the last few numbers in the VIN number and the lady told me what the colour code was

    the dye stuff is really good and im pleaseed with how they turned out
    i did ring a dealer when i first got it and now you mention it i think he said it was light beige and i thought! wot? no fancy name!!!! just light beige......but thats what ive ordered light beige and if it comes out half as good as yours ill be smiling
    It's a ragtop thing, you wouldn't understand
     
     

  8.  
    #17
    Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    sam1832's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    2004
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    convertable Msport
    sam1832's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    essex
    Posts
    2,578
    Thanks
    407
    Thanked 810 Times in 675 Posts
    it did have a number as well that began n... and some numbers

    its really easy to do mate,

    if you take your time with sanding down the leather first, then filling, then sanding down your filler it will look smooth

    the easy bit is putting the dye on, as it goes on it looks streaky and i was thinking sh*t but as it dryed you couldnt see the streaks,
     
     

  9.  
    #18
    BMW Master
    Car Details
    sjflat's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    840 Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    1994
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    256
    Thanks
    97
    Thanked 70 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1832 View Post
    it did have a number as well that began n... and some numbers

    its really easy to do mate,

    if you take your time with sanding down the leather first, then filling, then sanding down your filler it will look smooth

    the easy bit is putting the dye on, as it goes on it looks streaky and i was thinking sh*t but as it dryed you couldnt see the streaks,
    Couldn't agree more. It's all in the prep!

    I was really worried about streakiness too Sam but, as you say, as it dries it gets much better. Did you also get the dynamix cleaner and conditioner as well? They're by far the best leather products I've used... the cleaner is simply amazing and the conditioner really improved/moisturised the seat after I'd finished dying.

    Steve
     
     

  10.  
    #19
    BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    Tall_Steve's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E64 630i M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    2007
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible
    Tall_Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wilts & Somerset, UK
    Posts
    572
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 132 Times in 124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1832 View Post
    it did have a number as well that began n... and some numbers

    its really easy to do mate,

    if you take your time with sanding down the leather first, then filling, then sanding down your filler it will look smooth

    the easy bit is putting the dye on, as it goes on it looks streaky and i was thinking sh*t but as it dryed you couldnt see the streaks,
    Thats it I'm gonna do mine now, your seat came up like new for £20 its a bargain
     
     

  11.  
    #20
    BMW Master
    Car Details
    sjflat's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    840 Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    1994
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    256
    Thanks
    97
    Thanked 70 Times in 54 Posts
    ...one other tip... keep the lid on just in case you kick the bottle over. My dad managed to knock over half of a large pot (£30 worth).
     
     

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts