BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Interior glass cleaning?? What to use?

5K views 36 replies 23 participants last post by  mik3y 
#1 ·
Right this might sound daft but how do you guys get streak free interior glass ie inside windscreen?
What products etc do you use etc

I clean my screen and after a couple of weeks the wipe marks show up and it drives me mad!!!

It will need to be products probably available from halfrauds or similar I'm not in the trade!!

Cheers!!

#8 ·
I've also heard vinegar and newspapers to clean glass...

but for myself I use AG glass polish, around £6 a bottle and will last you ages. Theres this products thats made by the company that makes rainX rain reppelant thats called anit mist or something. Seen it in halfords the other day but at 6.99 for something thats only ever going to be used on the front screen i'd leave it buying it till the sales start :hihi

#14 ·
I use Mers glass polish, inside and out..Works atreat :thumbsup

BUT..if im driving at night, i do sometimes get streaks showing, but thats because there is a thin film of tobacco smoke forming on the inside..
Dont smoke kids, you may crash from not seeing where your going when your windscreen smears up :hihi

#17 ·
Just ordered some AG glass polish from egay.

So how do you use it, with a MF cloth wait til it dries then polish off???

Oh and thanks for your responses!!!!

#27 ·
Have to agree about the smell.

Spend hours cleaning and making the inside of your car smell nice. Give the inside of the windows a quick once over with the vinegar and instantly your car smell like a cats pi$$ed in it. Not good.:frown

Using Carplan glass cleaner at the moment and it seems to do a pretty good job. A mate of mines swears by AG fast glass, must give it a try once the cheap Carplan stuff runs out.

#25 ·
Update the Autoglym glass polish is brilliant. Goes on great and buffs off leaving a streak free crystal finish!

I used a White cloth and I couldn't believe the amount of black muck on the cloth from my windscreen!!!

Highly recommended!!

#28 ·
ag glass polish, really easy to use, apply to all windows then go round and buff off with a MF i use outside and in and on the rear and head lights too. looks good dosent streak and smells nice

#29 ·
Sam, do you use the glass polish on its own or alongside the fast glass. eg fast glass first, then glass polish????

To be honest, cleaning the windows is not my strong point. A few time I've had an outburst:mad because of streaking and the wife ends up coming out a doing them for me:thumbsup. Suppose they have to be good for something :hihi

#34 ·
ive used everything on the market,but the best thing i have found is to cut a lemon in half and rub over the windscreen,then clean off with kitchen roll..

if you want to stop bathroom mirrors misting up put some fairy liquid on a cloth and smear it over the mirror,i know it works on mirrors but havnt tryed it on windscreens

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.