16K views 92 replies 23 participants last post by  kipvr 
#1 ·
there are a few creases that need ironing out but hey! pics:cool

half and half

full hid

See less See more
#40 ·
Hi mate,

I have bought both sets mentioned in the above threads... one are the LED type but everyone says that they mess with the computer so dont hold out much hope for these but its only a fiver.. the others are the ice white bulbs.. will let you know how i get on and post some pics up tomorrow.... take it you think the same about the standard, ugly orange side light bulbs against the nice sharp xenons!!!! lol

#42 ·
I have led side light bulbs in my 728, i get a message on the dash display saying "check park lights" It may just be my car but the bulbs flicker slightly as well, i put it down at first to cheap led's but it did the same when i bought some PIAA ones. I'm thinking of ditching the leds altogether and getting some angel eyes like these

#43 ·
Yeah tried both types today.... the LEDs bring up a warning on the dash as mentioned and the blue ice white side light bulbs are RUBBISH they dont look any different at all to the standard ones!!! Was rather annoyed as im a tenner out of pocket and my hands are cut to bits from trying to fit them!!!!

Oh well... at least you guys know not to bother if your thinking of trying the same!!! :hihi

Gary

#50 ·
Most E46's headlights will drop then rise when the lights are first turned on. That does not always mean you have auto adjust. The easiest way to find out if you have auto adjust headlights is to have a look near your dash light dimmer. If you have a dimmer wheel and another wheel next to it which allows you to set your lights to setting 0 - 3 then you do not have auto adjust.;

#61 ·
Had a look today and my light are totally different to yours, compared them to another lads car at work he has got a 52plate,
so didnt need them extra bulb holders, because mine is the face lift! so will send them back and will get a refund on them!
On my lights all the bulb and looms are all inside the light, and has like a cover on the back which faces up!
so will just need to drill the covers to allow for the looms to go to the ballas packs!

i think im going to mount the ballas packs on the top shocker mounts!

#65 ·
Nice thread, as I put some in my e36 328i at the weekend, which went easy as the HID bulbs just use the wire clips that held inthe old bulbs. Will be doing my brothers e39 next week now he has the adaptor rings, as the e39 (528) has the right angle connectors so the bulbs provided wont fit.

I had the same problem with bright blue low beams (6K ones) but yellow parking & full beam lights. I have ordered a set of 'blue' parking bulbs, which is worth a punt for £4 delivered; from the ebay link provided.

That will leave the full beams to sort out (I realise you should not HID those as well) so am after a solution for these. Do I just get a set of Xenon white bulbs for these or is there another way of doing it? I saw some bulbs in a mag that had an 'angel eye' ring round them which looked cool; can you get high beam bulbs with these on? Thanks

#67 ·
Hi mate, the side light bulbs you ordered don't work.. Me and craig tried two different sets claiming to give off a bright White light but they were absolutely no different... The only way to convert the side lights is to use led bulbs with resistors to prevent the dash throwing up a fault

#69 ·
I ordered a set of 'ULTRA ICE WHITE SIDE LIGHT BULBS 1 PAIR 501 STYLE ' style bulbs off eBay, as per an earlier link & will put one in when I get it to see if there is any difference. I can always use them as spares, I suppose. Thanks for your help here.

#70 ·
Talking of resistors, do you know what size resistors work to fool the Computer when used with an LED bulb? Would they go on the + or 1 wire?

Also, does anyone know about the 'resistor packs' for the HLDs that I have heard people talk about, which fix the 'Low Beam Failure' message I get every once in a while, after fiitting the HIDs? Ta

#72 ·
hmmm, i just googled this but could'nt get any pics. i bought phillips blue vision to go with my hid's. and was quite optamistic as the box showed a car with standard lights and then phillips ones looking fantastic next to them however they were just as bloody yellow as the standard 1's:frown

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.