Full paint correction/machine polish approximate cost??? - Page 2

Notices

Thread: Full paint correction/machine polish approximate cost???

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BFuk Resident Design Guru
    Car Details
    Bigbenstrikes's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 1,038 Posts
    You haave PM...

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    E36_Dom's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    if you dont mind travelling to Aberdeen you will find the best in the business IMO.

www.polishedbliss.co.uk

Uber Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    redadair's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530d Sport (E60)
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Hey Street, I recently got 2 mobile valeters out to check my 2005 E60, expect to budget around £300. I can certainly recommend some linkies if you want.

Just be aware a lot of detailers do not repair stone chips, so you may want to get that tarted up before paint correction.

The 2 guys I saw said you do not really need paint correcting (cos of the year and condition I guess) but if you want it, and it will bring it the car all nice etc, approx £300. That is for one pass correction, if it needs more....

It's up to you, but I am about to get mine detailed and extras, but not paint corrected, for a lot less as per recommendation from a detailer!

Guy will pick it up for me or I drop it off the night before and he will collect me etc. Very friendly!! Red :-)
    PS I stay in Cumbernauld! Pah!

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    4wheeldriver's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M 135i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Sport auto
    Car Body Type:
    sport hatch
    Thanks
    For my X5 I've been quoted from 250 for a minor correction to over a grand plus VAT up here. The first quote was from a guy in Livingston that used to sponsor the RRS forum and Ive seen his work first had along with the work the company up here wanted over a grand to do and to be honest Johns was every bit as good as theirs is. So I know where I'll be going one day when I've nowt on. A thousand pound saving cant be knocked in anyones book!!!
    M135i, prof nav, adaptive suspension, 8 speed sport auto, heated memory seats, comfort access, Harman Kardon, voice control, USB interface etc etc pocket rocket

535d m-sport in Platinum Grey, black dakota, sport auto, sun protection glass, media pack, spoiler, voice control, lane departure warning.

X5 3.0sd 20s Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Logic 7, Panoramic Sunroof, Reversing Camera, Rear DVD, Programmable Park Heat, Tow Pack - GONE and will be missed

BFuk Resident Design Guru
    Car Details
    Bigbenstrikes's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 1,038 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by E36_Dom View Post
    if you dont mind travelling to Aberdeen you will find the best in the business IMO.

www.polishedbliss.co.uk
    The guy from extreme detail tought polished bliss...

MBK
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    MBK's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    528i M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    not too sure if we are allowed to link to other forums, but check out www.detailingworld.com its full of useful info about doing this sort of stuff DIY and it also has a gallery section of people showing off work they have done recently this is normally a good way to gauge how good some one is.

K

MODS please delete if breaking any rules.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Grizzle_E60's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    525d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetTriple View Post
    Right I have looked through lots and lots of threads with before and after photographs when real valetors machine polish and correct the paint on cars. Am always in awe of the results, so I thought i would ask the question that I have always wondered and probably many others - how much does this type of work cost??

Before you all start I know it depends on the size of the car and how bad (or good) the paint is before starting, but for say an E46 convertble which is in clean condition with the usual light swirls/scratches associated with being washed by a sponge by ignorant previous owner.

With that as a starting point ball park figure for someone to do their thing on it?
    Ball park £100, £200, £400 more/less???
    Depends on the paintwork i would really need to see it to say wether it eneds corrected or just a good clean up of the paint.

Correction around £250-£300.

Protection £150.

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Perfection Detailing's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    N/A
    Year of Manufacture:
    N/A
    Transmission Type:
    N/A
    Car Body Type:
    N/A

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetTriple View Post
    I would love to get some of this kit and have a go but m car isn't that bad so i would fear that I would make it worse while practicing!!!
    I suppose I could practice on the wife's car...............hmmmm!!

To be honest I'm not going to cough up that sort of cash for a polisher without having the gonads to try it on my baby!!!
    Anyway thanks for your comments and suggestions!!

Anybody on here had a professional paint correction polish and if so how much did it cost???

Perfect detailing ball park figure for some of your jaw dropping work???
    Obviously you are to far away for us to help you out but just to give you a bit of a heads up and some friendly advice, for us to carry out a single stage correction (enhancement detail with a DA) you would be looking at around £250-£275. And for a full correction (with a rotary polisher) you would be looking at the best part of £400-£450.

Being a BMW with a tough clear coat I always advise customers to go for the full correction, although an enhancement detail can make a massive difference it will not offer fully corrected paint on a BMW paint finish.

Prices will vary quite a lot sometimes because of the area but mainly because there are a lot of people jumping on the detailing band wagon out there. There has been a massive increase in this over the last couple of years, people going out and buying a DA and then calling themselves a "Detailer" But the fact is most of these people are operating with no insurance etc and have very limited experience in detailing and correct tools for the job (paint depth gauges etc), we certainly couldn't run a profitable business by charging what some of these guys charge and keep our unit where we operate from. Mainly because these people are in full time employment and operate at the weekend for some beer money, there is a bit more to detailing than just buying a DA and attacking your car. Like I say I'm not trying to put you of in anyway as you are miles away from me anyhow, just trying to paint a bit of a picture for you.

But that being said you would be hard pushed to cause any damage with a DA so long as you use your common sense, but if you really don't fancy investing in the equipment and having a go yourself then I would be happy to PM you and advise you with some reputable companies in your area. They would most prob be on a similar pricing structure to myself, if not slightly more but at least your pride and joy will be in safe hands

Neil

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perfection Detailing For This Useful Post:

Gleammachine (01-09-2010)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12