BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Finally got around to having a go...

2K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  e36nickd 
#1 ·
Following on from this thread...

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f156/thanks-again-mark-t82856/

Today I finally got around to giving it a go on my E91 today...

1st I gave the car a bit of a rinse with the pressure washer, then out with the Magifoam..:D

Then a wash using the usual two bucket routine and cleaned the wheels with a brush and some wheel cleaner (thanks again for the wheels Vorny - I am looking after them for you!), washed it off with the pressure washer again.

Next up was the foam lance again and some Curious from Autobrite...

Even the dog was fed up by now....:frown

Left that to "cure" for five minutes then washed it off with an open hose...

Amazing product the results speak for themselves...

Dried the car off with a couple of cloths and dressed the wheels - job done!:thumbsup

Will start to use the rest of the stuff that I got from the Autobrite open day and start claying and polishing/waxing (Very Cherry and then Addiction wax from Autobrite), but the results look pretty good so far to me....:D

Got a call today from Paul at 1st class alloys - they are ready....:thumbsup
http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f83/2008-e91-330-msport-alloy-wheel-refurbishment-they-t76278/

Just got to get sort out a day off to go and collect them now, a couple of coats of Very Berry wheel sealer (Autobrite again) and we are away - desperate to get them back TBH, I missed them:hihi... Watch this space.:thumbsup

AND................
You knew that I couldn't resist playing with the new toys, so while they were out I gave this a quick going over... Wasn't even dirty (it's only four days old - but I couldn't stop myself!!!)

To be fair, we paid to have the "seal and protect" system on the car and generally it's pretty good so I just gave it a quick going over to keep on top of it...:thumbsup

See less See more
#4 ·
She gave me a right b******ing for cleaning it....:confused
Last time I try that then, miserable moo....:frown
"What did we pay all that money for seal and protect then?" She said.... Like that is supposed to stop the f*****g thing getting dirty.:frown

#21 ·
Hi Gav and thanks for the positive comments.... I am itching to have a go with the cherry glaze and addiciton wax, but all in good time. Also trying to find some time to get the machine polisher out - feel brave enough now.:thumbsup

I will be amazed if the protection on the MINI lasts that long TBH... I will just have to do a better job myself...;) They gave me a "satchel" full of stuff to help and maintain the finish on it - gave it away!!!

looks good kevin nice job dont want to look on AB web site will cost me to much:hihi:hihi
bill:D
AB website and open day sure do have quite a bit to answer to Mrs W's housekeeping of late - she is "putting up" with it ATM, but I don't expect that will last long!!!;)

Haven't told her how much the refurbishment of my alloy wheels is going to cost yet....:frown

#22 ·
Go on Bill, they have their Berry Blast in 5 litres back in, cheaper then Megs Last Touch and super duper shiny :thumbsup

.... and as for the Curious wash/wax product, it is a miracle product, can't believe the finish on the funky Fiat after a 15 minute wash :thumbsup

#20 ·
looks nice kev, never realised your tour was a petrol either nice one, the secret of a succesful marraige is to realise your always wrong:thumbsup:thumbsup
I don't really do the mileage to justify a diesel TBH... Haven't had one for years...

Never got that right last time TBH...:shifty:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.