Fabric paint for the carpet? - Page 2

Notices

Thread: Fabric paint for the carpet?

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    robs e36
    [QUOTE=mistreku;908041]
    Quote Originally Posted by robs e36 View Post

Great stuff mate, take pics during the process and either post here or if you have a progress thread for your car.. Looking forward to seeing the results!
    ok buddy will do, since you have already started this one i will post the pics up on here and also my thread titled bmw e36 coupe on the mend thats my mini project thread at the moment.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Dr of BMW
    Car Details
    mistreku's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    No, when I say they were knackered, I mean they were absolutely shot. Ripped leather, the inserts were falling off, even the cardboard was damaged. Besides, the new interior was quite cheap so I couldn't be bothered with trying to fix anything in the old one.

Now I need new floor mats (which prove to be a pain to get a hold of in UK, as my car is LHD ) and a new head lining and pillars. Or maybe just re-upholster them my self.
    There are only two products required to make the universe work properly: Duct tape and WD40. 

If it moves (and it shouldn't): duct tape. 
If it doesn’t move (and it should): WD40.

Everything else is just stuff.

robs e36
    Quote Originally Posted by mistreku View Post
    No, when I say they were knackered, I mean they were absolutely shot. Ripped leather, the inserts were falling off, even the cardboard was damaged. Besides, the new interior was quite cheap so I couldn't be bothered with trying to fix anything in the old one.

Now I need new floor mats (which prove to be a pain to get a hold of in UK, as my car is LHD ) and a new head lining and pillars. Or maybe just re-upholster them my self.
    I saw yours was a LHD how do you get your carpets? Online?

Check out my thread i just told you about i done the roof lining today took me about 2 hours start to finish inc a cuppa tea break aswell. Tbh the hardest part was putting the roof lining back into the car because you need to hold it up and try and screw it into place at the same time, that was the hardest bit out of it all. Im doing the side pillars when i next get paid in a few weeks,

i covered mine in black velvet material, the material cost me £12.57 then 2 cans of special headlining glue for £9.99 off the internet. If you do do the roof lining on your own let me know and i will send you the link to the glue. I used 2 cans bit it needs to be high heat stuff because it gets really hot inside your car and if you dont use the right glue when it gets to the first hot day it will all come apart.

Dr of BMW
    Car Details
    mistreku's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    I saw yours was a LHD how do you get your carpets? Online?

Check out my thread i just told you about i done the roof lining today took me about 2 hours start to finish inc a cuppa tea break aswell. Tbh the hardest part was putting the roof lining back into the car because you need to hold it up and try and screw it into place at the same time, that was the hardest bit out of it all. Im doing the side pillars when i next get paid in a few weeks,

i covered mine in black velvet material, the material cost me £12.57 then 2 cans of special headlining glue for £9.99 off the internet. If you do do the roof lining on your own let me know and i will send you the link to the glue. I used 2 cans bit it needs to be high heat stuff because it gets really hot inside your car and if you dont use the right glue when it gets to the first hot day it will all come apart.
    Nice job, mate! Always fancied doing that but always been quite laid back about it. Can you link me to your progress thread, please?
    There are only two products required to make the universe work properly: Duct tape and WD40. 

robs e36

7. The Following User Says Thank You to robs e36 For This Useful Post:

mistreku (16-01-2012)

robs e36
    did they link work mate?

robs e36
    Nice job, mate! Always fancied doing that but always been quite laid back about it. Can you link me to your progress thread, please?
    as promised mate heres the photos so far.

Firstly the front seats need to go.

Push the seats all the way forward and undo the 2 bolts at the back of the runners. Once there out slide the seat back and remove the plastic caps and undo the 2 front nuts.

Once all the nuts and bolts have been removed tip the seat back and undo the clip at the bottom of both front seats then remove the seats from the car.

then hover the carpets, pop inside and mix the dye up. I used half a bag to 1 liter but wish i had used the whole bag so i will prob go over mine in a few days time.
    Then once its mixed start the dying . Just a tip i lifted up the rear seat bench so i didnt get any dye on it.

Just a tip use gloves or your hands will end up like this

10. The Following User Says Thank You to robs e36 For This Useful Post:

mistreku (16-01-2012)

Dr of BMW
    Car Details
    mistreku's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    did they link work mate?
    Cheers buddy, yes they do. Thanks for posting the pics, I really like the finished result!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mistreku For This Useful Post:

robs e36
    Cheers buddy, yes they do. Thanks for posting the pics, I really like the finished result!
    im happier now its drying darker i may even keep my seats out and when im next paid get some more dye and use the whole bag because ideally i want it jet black but i will wait till its dried in a few days to see how dark the carpets have dried

Super Moderator
    Car Details
    payno's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3 Evo S Type R
    Year of Manufacture:
    1998 2003
    Transmission Type:
    Manual Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe Saloon
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,002 Times in 1,843 Posts
    Im dying my carpet soon mate from grey to black and im just using normal fabric dye. Iv read loads of reviews on it i will try and find it again. In your case i suppose you would have to bleach the carpet first or something then dye it tan/beige
    i would not recommend using bleach on your carpet as once you have covered it in bleach you would have to remove it wash it all out or it would affect the dye you use and rot the carpet plus all the fumes would make you and others in the car unwell

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast