BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

E91 Pedal position

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  TimBMW 
#1 ·
I find my 330d E91 a delight to drive. That is except for – you guessed it, the cramped footwell. We all know the 3 Series is blessed with a compromised pedal position with the offset clutch pedal but I really wonder what can be done about it.

Is there anyone out there who makes modified foot pedals to improve on the originals? It looks to me that it would be obvious to remove the foot rest to the left of the clutch pedal, spread the pedals out, and put the clutch pedal in front of the left hip where it should be. Does anyone know of such a mod?

Another question is why do BMW, with their vast development budget, insist on producing RHD vehicles with such an appalling foot position. Their machines ooze refinement and quality until you squeeze your feet in position. Reminds me of the banana posture involved in driving an old Renault 5.

Any comments welcome. (Besides buy a 5 Series!)

#3 ·
Ha, ha! I agree about the Peugeot 206, because I had one for 3 years before my BMW. No matter what you did in that car, it was never comfortable, for any part of the body! I blinkin well ached all over on long journeys in that heap. I find my 330D auto a dream in terms of driver adjustability and comfort..get what you pay for.

#5 ·
Interesting that pedal position was bad in an E39, Deano. Isn't there more width than a 3 Series to make it less of a problem?

Has anyone tried removing the "afterthought" footrest? It takes up valuable room in an over crowded footwell and part of the problem is accidentally whacking it when depressing the clutch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.