330d Sport Touring
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Estate

Thanks
    Hi

How easy is it to replace the dash\door\back door trim & seats (front & back) on a e46 touring?

I've seen a nice 330d M sport for sale but it has the wooden dash trim (on the doors & around the auto gearbox shifter) which I don't like and want to know how easy it would be to replace with the black dash trim you get on some M sports (and where I could get hold of this from)?

Also, how easy is it to replece the seats, the car I am looking at has cloth & alcantera seats which I would like to replace with leather if I bought the car.

Reason I am not just holding out for another of the right spec to turn up is that this car in particular looks in very nice condition, has the right milage & price and is close to me.

I don't think I could live with the dash & seats though so would be looking to replace them, any thoughts?
    Last edited by beany; 30-03-2011 at 16:20. Reason: amend title to include model

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Master
    Car Details
    MAGiK's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Z4 3.0
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible
    Thanks
    Hey,

I do believe the trim pops out if your careful and use a flat head screw driver so a simple swap, but the steering wheel trim is a lot harder to change but there a tutorial by some one on here.

As for the seats, I've swapped mine in my saloon to m sport cloth but didn't do it myself due to seat belt tensioners and so on, but if your confident with that then I think there not too hard to swap just time consuming!

But IMHO leather is over rated as it gets far too hot/cold in harsh weather so alcantara/cloth would be better IMO

I'm sure some over people can help out on this as well

MAGiK

Zara - 3.0 Litre Z4 - Maldives Blue